Sarah Palin was the first to recognize the problem: By participating in President Obama’s signature education initiative, the Common Core Standards, Alaska would lose control over its own curriculum.
On May 31, 2009, then-Gov. Palin announced Alaska would adopt a “watch and wait” attitude:
“If this initiative produces useful results, Alaska will remain free to incorporate them,” Gov. Palin said, adding that “high expectations are not always created by new, mandated federal standards written on paper. They are created in the home, the community and the classroom.”
Texas Gov. Rick Perry, to his credit, was the next to recognize a federal boondoggle when he saw one: “I will not commit Texas taxpayers to unfunded federal obligations or to the adoption of unproven, cost-prohibitive national standards and tests,” Gov. Perry wrote in a Jan. 13, 2010, letter to U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
In the ensuing two years, it’s become clear that Perry and Palin — two core conservative figures whose intelligence is routinely mocked by liberal “sophisticates” — were brilliantly prescient, indeed prophetic.
Common Core Standards turn out to be like Obamacare — you don’t really know what’s in it until after you pass it and are mired in its tentacles.
Today, even more states are………..
- Marco Rubio Is This Election’s Sarah Palin (slate.com)
- Embrace Your Inner Palin (masonconservative.typepad.com)
- “Our Sarah” Set to Release September 25th (sarahpalinblog.typepad.com)
- Sarah Palin: “Well, check this out, You’re Fired Buddy!” (catholicglasses.com)
- Misogynist MSNBC: Martin Bashir exploits Secret Service scandal to mock Sarah Palin (oforchristsakes.wordpress.com)
- Sarah Palin Weighs In On Secret Service Scandal (buzzfeed.com)
- Sarah Palin’s PAC Sends Letter To Singapore Embassy Due To Nomad Law Post (nomadlaw.com)
- Sarah Palin “Checked Out” By Secret Service Agent Caught in Scandal, Report Reveals (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Misogynist MSNBC: Martin Bashir exploits Secret Service scandal to mock Sarah Palin (twitchy.com)
- Sarah Palin: “Agent got what he deserved’ (bazaardaily.com)