Occupy’s plans for nationwide May Day chaos are going ahead full-speed ahead, with the movement boasting of “direct action” schemes that include protest marches, shutting down the financial sector, and blocking bridges and tunnels.
The group’s official websites announce plans to “occupy” Manhattan-bound bridges and tunnels as well as the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco Tuesday.
Besides street protests, sympathizers are asked to engage in a U.S. general strike to “shut it down,” referring to the country’s economy.
Get Aaron Klein’s “Red Army: The Radical Network that must be defeated to save America” from WND’s Superstore
The MayDayNYC.org website, which serves as a national planning hub, published the call to arms:
“This May Day, Occupy Wall Street, in coalition with numerous other organizations and occupations, calls for a Day Without The 99%: No Work, No School, No Shopping, No Housework, No Compliance. Let’s take the streets, reclaim our communities, and support each other. NOT the 1%.
“If you can’t strike call in sick. If you can’t call in sick hold a slow down. We know how to shut it down because we’re the ones that prop it up.”
The Manhattan-based Occupy calls for “direct action and civil disobedience” in Midtown throughout the day, including “creative disruptions, bank blockades, outreach to commuters and tourists, and more!”
Occupy Wall Street announced a plan to blockade New York City bridges and tunnels.
“On May 1, 2012, autonomous direct action groups within Occupy Wall Street, as a part of the global mobilizations for general strike and economic non-compliance, will block one or more Manhattan-bound bridges or tunnels to protest the shameful opulence of the 1%.”
Occupy warns: “We are announcing these blockades now as a fair warning to the rest of the working people of New York and New Jersey who are considering joining the strikes and mobilizations of the day: the city will be shut down, so enjoy the day without the 99%!”
The Occupy-affiliated StrikeMay1st website links to May Day schemes from the movement’s local branches in over 120 cities nationwide.
In the San Francisco Bay Area, protests are slated to kick off with Occupy activists congregating at 6 a.m. Pacific Time to “Occupy the Golden Gate Bridge.”
The Bay Area schedule is replete with “anti-capitalist” events such as an “anti-patriarchy” protest and actions to protest “gentrification.”
Occupy Seattle calls for a “revolt/blockade” as well as participation in the general nationwide strike to “shut down the global circulation of capital that every day serves to enrich the ruling classes and impoverish the rest of us.”
Similar proclamations are posted on Chicago’s May Day website, which includes instructions in both English and Spanish.
‘Economic terrorist’ brains of Occupy plot?
The plan to shut down the U.S. economy is reminiscent of plans first hatched in March 2010 by Stephen Lerner, a controversial anti-capitalist SEIU organizer. Lerner visited the Obama White House at least four times.
WND was first to report Lerner was the brain behind…………..EXCERPT !!!!!
- Occupy prepares nationwide May Day mayhem (wnd.com)
- Occupy’s Big Stakes on May Day: Relevance (motherjones.com)
- Occupy Oakland Calls For Tuesday General Strike (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- May 1st: Occupy the Golden Gate Bridge (occupywallst.org)
- Contract Battle Sets Up Possible ‘Occupy’ Shutdown Attempt On Golden Gate Bridge (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Occupy Prepares For May Day: No Work, No School, No Banking | Common Dreams (2012indyinfo.com)
- Occupy Prepares For May Day: No Work, No School, No Banking (commondreams.org)
- Occupy Prepares For May Day: No Work, No School, No Banking – by Allison Kilkenny (Video) (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Occupy To Shut Down Golden Gate Bridge (sfist.com)
- Occupy Movement Planning Bridge Blockades (economicpolicyjournal.com)