Obama: ‘I was born in Hawaii,’ wink, wink
Invites reporters to join with him in joke on American people
Published: 6 hours ago
author-image by Drew ZahnEmail | Archive
Drew Zahn is a former pastor who cut his editing teeth as a member of the award-winning staff of Leadership, Christianity Today’s professional journal for church leaders. He is the editor of seven books, including Movie-Based Illustrations for Preaching & Teaching, which sparked his ongoing love affair with film and his weekly WND column, “Popcorn and a (world)view.”More ↓
twitter icon Follow author rss feed Subscribe to author feed
Barack Obama opened last night’s White House Correspondents Dinner – an annual chuckle-fest with D.C. reporters and pop culture celebrities – with a pair of jokes and a wink about his supposed Hawaii birthplace.
He began with more veiled joke alluding to April 28 of last year, when the White House released to the press a copy of his purported long-form birth certificate, a move prompted in part by calls from Donald Trump to see evidence of Obama’s eligibility to be president.
“My fellow Americans, we gather during a historic anniversary,” Obama said. “Last year at this time, in fact on this very weekend, we finally delivered justice to one of the world’s most notorious individuals.”
Video screens in the room then flashed a photo of Trump.
Join thousands of Americans in signing the petition urging Congress to take the issue seriously with an investigation of its own!
Obama then explained he was advised to “reintroduce himself” to America.
“My name is Barack Obama. My mother was born in Kansas. My father was born in Kenya. And I was born, of course,” the sitting president said with a mischievous, knowing wink, “in Hawaii.”…………..EXCERPT
- Obama: ‘I was born in Hawaii,’ wink, wink (wnd.com)
- President Obama at the 2012 White House Correspondents Dinner (crooksandliars.com)
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner: The Funnier Candidate? (newyorker.com)
- Jimmel Kimmel vs. Barack Obama: Who Was Funnier at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner? (people.com)
- US election: Barack Obama ribs Mitt Romney… and himself at White House Correspondents’ Dinner (refreshingnews99.blogspot.in)
- Barack Obama = One Hip Dude (Wink Wink) (motherjones.com)
- 15 funniest jokes by Barack Obama at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner (politico.com)
- See All the Stars at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner! (popsugar.com)
- US election: Barack Obama ribs Mitt Romney… and himself at White House Correspondents’ Dinner (refreshingnews99.blogspot.com)
- Barack Obama Killed It At The Correspondent’s Dinner (businessinsider.com)