Let me be the first to say, congratulations, Mr. Stein! One of the best things that could ever happen to you was made official Wednesday. After you violated the Pentagon’s rules banning free speech (itself a violation of the 1st Amendment protections to the same) the Marine Corps unceremoniously discharged you.
I know nothing of your military experience, whether you witnessed personally the horrors of war. My hope is that you did not. In either case, you will no longer have to participate in the Pentagon’s ruthless and immoral wars. You will never again be used as a pawn to enrich the political class and their cronies in the Military-Industrial-Complex. And never again will you be sent to kill other people’s children, paid with dirty money, all the while treated with contempt by the politicians, officers and senior leadership that sent you.
I also know nothing of your life’s ambitions; I can only assume that because you stayed in beyond your first enlistment that you planned on making a career out of the Marines. If that is the case, I imagine you’re not as thrilled as I am that you won’t be reporting for duty tomorrow morning. While you may have enjoyed your job in the Marines at least slightly more than I endured my life in the Army, being free from the clutches of the sociopathic warrior class will do wonders for your mental and emotional health. All that stuff they told you about being a hero, answering a call to defend your country, being better than the sorry civilians who refused to join, it was all lies.
They tell everyone who joins that they’re heroes. It continues throughout your time in the gang. It’s all part of the conditioning process to make you believe that you’re doing something worthy of admiration and reverence. My guess is that you know many Marines who don’t exactly fit the description of “hero.” You probably witnessed plenty of acts which, were they performed anywhere but within the ranks of the military, would be reason to bring criminal charges against the perpetrator.
You’re not a hero. Neither was I. We were thugs with guns who, when ordered to invade another country who posed no threat to us we willingly went. We participated in an unjust war of aggression. I am deeply regretful for having done that, and I hope you too will realize that participating in large-scale murder is not heroism. Refusing to go is heroic.
From my own experience I know the reality is that your life in the military was little more than a semi-voluntary indentured servitude. You were subjected to all matter of verbal abuse and likely suffered physical abuse at the hands of your fellow Marines and immediate supervisors. Had you been a female member of the armed forces there would have been a good chance of you being sexually assaulted, since one in three women report being molested or raped. Even males aren’t exempt from that torture.
You likely carved your identity out of your military “service.” You were a Marine first. You had decided to join an organization out of a desire to be “part of something bigger than yourself,” or whichever line the recruiters tried to dupe our generation of Marines with. Had I stayed in I would be approaching my tenth year. Thankfully, I left before then.
When I was transitioning out they told me I would miss life in the military. That was a lie, too, of course. My response was that any job where they’re required to tell you not to kill yourself every three months isn’t worth it. That people don’t listen and commit suicide at increasing rates is tragic. It’s no wonder they do though, in light of all they’re put through. So many hundreds of thousands suffer from brain injuries and post-traumatic stress from serial deployments. Countless numbers of service members and veterans are prescribed heavy doses of psychiatric drugs. I trust you’re not among them.
What you now have to look forward to is……………………EXCERPT
An Open Letter to an Ex-Marine
Joel Poindexter congratulates Gary Stein.
- Update Status About Obama on Facebook, a U.s. Soldiers Fired (socyberty.com)
- Sgt. Gary Stein Discharged from Marines After Criticizing President Obama on Facebook (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Sgt. Gary Stein kicked out of Marine Corps (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Gary Stein, Marine sergeant, discharged over President Obama Facebook comments (wjla.com)
- US Sergeant booted off Marines for Obama Facebook posts (EndtheLie.com)
- Gary Stein, Marine Who Criticized Obama On Facebook, Will Receive Other-Than-Honorable Discharge (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- US Sergeant Booted off Marines for Obama Facebook Posts (2012indyinfo.com)
- No One Should Be Kicked Out of the Military for Hating the President (gawker.com)
- BREAKING: Marine Sgt. Gary Stein DISMISSED over Obama Facebook Comments (blippitt.com)
- US Sergeant booted off Marines for Obama Facebook posts (rt.com)
- Gingrich Calls for Universal Right to Bear Arms at NRA Forum-UN Treaty, Is Fox News Reporting This? ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: FYI: To Gunny G’s Readers Re Dead Links Due To $/Subscription Articles/Blogs… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Gunny G: Col Hackworth’s Term “Perfumed Prince” Caught My Eye… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Warrior Cops The Ominous Growth of Paramilitarism in American Police Departments (gunnygcops.wetpaint.com)
- Gunny G: Ok, Who Is Cia Director David Pretraeus ? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Betty Freauf — Ron Paul Was There All the Time (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Who Will Stop the Power-Mad Man in the White House? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- “I agree with Clyde Wilson that America can’t be saved or returned to its roots until the Republican Party is destroyed.” (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: And So, The Question as to Just When Communism/Socialism Arose In America? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- ( CLICK 4 PICS!!!!!) ~ Painting of Obama Trampling Constitution Resurfaces, Artist’s New Work Tells ‘Enslaved’ Americans to ‘Wake Up!’ – Yahoo! News (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Timothy N. Baldwin — Candidate for Montana Attorney General, Jim Shockley, Holds Shocking View of the Constitution (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- IS THIS MAN, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD, MENTALLY ILL? | Flickr – Photo Sharing! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Patriot Webmaster’s Creed (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Communism Comes To America Earlier Than We Think | revisedhistory (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Your G-d’s Will Die With You | Veterans Today (msarroub.wordpress.com)
- (“…Dr. Ron Paul could wind up being elected president…”) James Jaeger Believes Ron Paul is the Ultimate Spoiler–18.Apr.2012 (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Volunteer radar gunslingers nail speeders (gunnygcops.wetpaint.com)
- A WORLD GONE MAD By Paul Proctor (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Vaccines have been based on medical fraud for over a hundred years (msarroub.wordpress.com)
- Police Taser Sleeping Man,,, (gunnygcops.wetpaint.com)
- GUNNY G: And So, The Question as to Just When Communism/Socialism Arose In America? (johnmalcolm.me)
- Gunnyg: the People (and Writers) Seem to Be Becoming More Edgy and Outspoken… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Hey, What’s That Sound I Hear? ….that’s Aarugha, Not Oohrah!!!!! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- GUNNY G: FYI: To Gunny G’s Readers Re Dead-End Links Due To $/Subscription Articles/Blogs… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)