The Lincoln Cult’s Latest Cover-Up by Thomas DiLorenzo
On July 19 the Associated Press and Reuter’s reported an “amazing find” at a museum in Allentown, Pennsylvania: A copy of a letter dated March 16, 1861, and signed by Abraham Lincoln imploring the governor of Florida to rally political support for a constitutional amendment that would have legally enshrined slavery in the U.S. Constitution.
Actually, the letter is not at all “amazing” to anyone familiar with the real Lincoln. It was a copy of a letter that was sent to the governor of every state urging them all to support the amendment, which had already passed the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, that would have made southern slavery constitutionally “irrevocable,” to use the word that Lincoln used in his first inaugural address. The amendment passed after the lower South had seceded, suggesting that it was passed with almost exclusively Northern votes. Lincoln and the entire North were perfectly willing to enshrine slavery forever in the Constitution.
This is one reason why the great Massachusetts libertarian abolitionist Lysander Spooner, author of The Unconstitutionality of Slavery, hated and despised Lincoln and his entire gang.
The Lincoln cult knows about all of this, but works diligently to keep it out of view of the general public. The fact that news organizations reported the “find,” however, creates a problem for the cult. A cover-up/excuse-making campaign must commence.
The document was found in the Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, Historical Society archives in Allentown, Pennsylvania. The director of the Society, Joseph Garrera, described in the press as “a Lincoln scholar,” immediately announced that the document is not at all important, since such documents are “a dime a dozen.”
Well, not really. Most of these kinds of documents have been meticulously whitewashed from the historical record. When they do surface and are made public, the Lincoln cult gets to work burying them in an avalanche of excuses designed to fog the real meaning of the documents in the minds of the average American. Garrerra’s statement is the first attempt at this.
Every once in a while……….EXCERPT
- Will Ron Paul Destroy the ‘Party of Lincoln’? by Thomas DiLorenzo (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- O’Reilly’s Book on Lincoln ~ Posted by Thomas DiLorenzo on November 13, 2011 ” LewRockwell.com Blog (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Men Who Destroyed the Constitution by Thomas DiLorenzo (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Jefferson of Our Time by Thomas DiLorenzo (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Rush Towards Socialism – and How To Stop It by Thomas J. DiLorenzo… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Fanatical Yankee Utopians by Thomas DiLorenzo (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Moronic Intellectuals by Thomas J. DiLorenzo (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- THE CULTURE of VIOLENCE in the AMERICAN WEST MYTHS Vs. REALITY ~ By: Thomas J. DiLorenzo (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Will Ron Paul Destroy the ‘Party of Lincoln’? (“And Would This Be Bad?”)by Thomas DiLorenzo (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Lew Rockwell.com King Lincoln Archive Thomas DiLorenzo, etc. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)