As Congressional representatives overwhelming approved the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act in February of this year, few Americans were paying attention.
When President Obama signed the Act into law, he did so in secret, without any of the fanfare that came with his signing of universal health care two years prior – and for good reason. This is one of those laws the government doesn’t want you to know exists until it’s too late to do anything about it.
For many, awareness of the existence of the new law will only become apparent when they are arrested and charged under new Federal trespassing guidelines as they attempt to protest, display signs or disrupt any person or event of national significance. An event of national significance is any activity where Secret Service agents are responsible for security. With several thousand agents in the field at any given time, events involving the President, Congressional members, staff or individuals running for Federal office are all fair game.
Simply standing with a bullhorn, holding up a sign, promoting a contentious message or even being on the grounds of a Secret Service secured event will now make it possible for the government to detain, arrest and charge those involved in these “disruptions” (even if you just happen to be passing through) with a felonious criminal act.
Excerpt from HR 347:
Whoever attempts or……..EXCERPT
- Abridged: The First Amendment Is Now a Felonious Criminal Act (shtfplan.com)
- FREE SPEECH NOW A FELONY – Obama gives Secret Service Power to Limit Free Speech (offgridsurvival.com)
- Protesting a felony? (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Free Speech Now a Felony – Secret Service Agents can make “No-Free Speech” Zones (trutherator.wordpress.com)
- New “trespass bill” makes it a federal offense to protest government business or functions (knowwhatyouthink.wordpress.com)
- US Congress passes authoritarian anti-protest law (2012indyinfo.com)
- Ready to Occupy? What You Need to Know about H.R. 347, the “Criminalizing Protest” Law (alexanderhiggins.com)
- Anti-Occupy Bill Signed by President Obama (nvrdc.wordpress.com)
- More creeping tyranny: New law expands free speech restricted zones (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Is ‘Free Speech’ now a felony? (leftperspectives.com)