Cliff Kincaid — Soviets Funded Black “Freedom” Journal
Newly declassified documents from Operation SOLO, an FBI program to infiltrate the Communist Party of the United States, reveal that a journal called Freedomways, which was influential in the black community for decades, was subsidized by the Soviet and Chinese Communist Parties.Freedomways has been called “one of the most influential African-American literary and political journals of the 1960s and 1970s.” It began in 1961 and ceased publication in 1986.
During the 25 years it served as a propaganda organ for the CPUSA and Soviet front organizations such as the World Peace Council, Freedomways published articles by such figures as: • Derrick Bell, one of Barack Obama’s academic mentors and a Harvard professor; • Martin Luther King, Jr., the slain civil rights leader who turned against the Vietnam War and has been honored with a national memorial in Washington, D.C.; • John Lewis, a Democratic member of Congress from Georgia and critic of the conservative Tea Party movement; and • Jesse Jackson, a former aide to King and Democratic candidate for president who has recently been stirring up racial resentment over the killing of black teenager Trayvon Martin.Freedomways grew out of a Soviet campaign, launched after the Russian revolution, to exploit the “Negro question” in the U.S. and manipulate blacks and members of other minority groups for Communist purposes.
The goal was a “Soviet America.”In 1981, a communist-inspired Black Liberation Army, with the help of the Weather Underground, waged a campaign of terrorism and murder that resulted in the deaths of two police officers and a Brinks guard.The SOLO documents demonstrate that the Soviet Union illegally provided funding, reportedly more than $28 million, to the CPUSA. The documents are based on FBI informants, Morris and Jack Childs, who had infiltrated the highest levels of the CPUSA and had participated in meetings with foreign communist parties.President Ronald Reagan awarded Morris Childs and posthumously, Jack with the Presidential Medal of Freedom for their work for the U.S.An FBI memo dated March 3, 1959, which summarized a meeting between CPUSA officials and the Soviet Communist Party, reveals that CPUSA official James Jackson had asked Soviet officials about “the possibility of a Negro magazine dealing with theoretical questions.”
Jackson was the party secretary in charge of “Negro and southern affairs.”Freedomways came into being two years later.An FBI memorandum, dated July 6,1961, refers to……………
- The communist on J. Edgar Hoover’s payroll (blogs.reuters.com)
- Obama designated driver for ‘road to socialism’ (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Cliff Kincaid – Glenn Beck to Publish Blockbuster on Obama’s Communist Mentor (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Soviets Funded Black “Freedom” Journal (canadafreepress.com)
- From Russia Without Love (revisedhistory.wordpress.com)
- Pervoe Maia: Soviet May Day (coolrevolution.net)
- Susan Stamper Brown: Is Progressivism the new Communism? Yes: Communists, Socialists attempt to use progressives, Democratic Party to infiltrate government (tcpalm.com)
- Brown: Is Progressivism the new Communism? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Cliff Kincaid – The Hidden Agenda Behind the Media War on Komen (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Bin Laden’s Letter to Me (lewrockwell.com)