How Terry Jones Can Get Away With It | Veterans Today
By Kourosh Ziabari
Burning the holy books which are interconnected with the hearts and souls of millions of people around the world is one of the most heinous and dreadful actions which one can think of. After decades of bloodshed and bigotry in the two World Wars, Civil War in the United States and Crusades against Muslims in the 11th and 12th centuries, burning the holy books can be interpreted as a new form of barbarity and ignorance in the modern era and an unforgivable crime which can be justified by no standards whatsoever.
Over the past decade, several cases of desecrating the holy book of Muslims, Quran, have been reported that incited the hatred and frustration of millions of Muslims and non-Muslims in the four corner of the globe.
In July 2010, an extremist Christian pastor Terry Jones gained widespread public attention when he announced that he would be burning copies of the Holy Quran on the anniversary of September 11 attacks for the alleged excuse that they were the Muslims who spearheaded the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon and that Islam promotes violence and aggression. Of course such a terrible idea can be only issued by someone who suffers from an inferiority complex and yearns for attracting people’s attention. Taking a glance at the background of Terry Jones and what his former colleagues say about him, one can effortlessly figure out that the Christian pastor has always had an ambivalent personality and an air of self-importance which has made him an arrogant and supercilious man. After receiving an honorary degree from an unaccredited theology school in 1983 when he was 32, he began referring to himself as “Doctor” for which he was ultimately found guilty and condemned by a German administrative court.
Jones moved to Germany in 1981 and established a small church in Cologne named Christian Community of Cologne. As reported by the German publication “Der Spiegel,” the congregation fired him after a while, accusing him of spreading a “climate of fear and control” in the church. His colleagues say that he preached the congregants to beat their children with “rods” and also consumed the church funds for personal, improper purposes. What can be inferred from his biography is that the traces of sanity and reason can be barely found in his behavior and disposition.
In July 2010, he made the headlines by announcing his devilish plan for burning the copies of Holy Quran on an “International Burn a Quran Day.” Several heads of states, politicians, academicians, peace activists and journalists condemned his plan, and although he initially retreated from his decision, he finally set ablaze copies of the holy book of Muslims in Dove World Outreach Center’ss sanctuary on March 20, 2011.
Surprisingly, the Western politicians refused to express disapproval of this shocking venture and only stated that Terry Jones should cancel his plan simply because the lives of multinational forces in Iraq and Afghanistan might be endangered. Actually, the Western statesmen credulously overlooked the immoral and decadent nature of this action or simply refused to practice what they always preach: religious tolerance and diversity. Of course they would have no response to give if asked about the veracity of their claims of being supportive to religious freedom and tolerance. They offended and disappointed millions………………
- How US Pastor Terry Jones Gets Away With It – OpEd (eurasiareview.com)
- Oops, he did it again: Florida Pastor Terry Jones burns another Koran (promoteliberty.wordpress.com)
- Pastor Terry Jones Burns Korans (newser.com)
- Terry Jones Will Answer My Question! (tanner-wb.com)
- How Terry Jones Can Get Away With It (veteranstoday.com)
- EXCLUSIVE Interview With Pastor Terry Jones About Qurans Burning on April 28 2012 (wyldgoose.wordpress.com)
- Oops, he did it again: Florida Pastor Terry Jones burns another Koran (rt.com)
- Oops, he did it again: Florida Pastor Terry Jones burns another Koran (EndtheLie.com)
- Iran condemns Quran burning by Florida pastor Terry Jones (channel6newsonline.com)
- Cooking Over Burning Qurans Make My Hot Dogs Taste Funny: Pastor Terry Jones Fulfills Deadline Threat for the Release A Pastor in Iran on Deathrow for not Converting to Islam (wyldgoose.wordpress.com)