The entire Obama campaign is a slice and dice operation, pandering to one group after another, particularly those that elected Obama in 2008 – blacks, Hispanics, women, young people – and for whom the thrill is now gone.
What to do? Try fear. Create division, stir resentment, by whatever means necessary – bogus court challenges, dead-end Senate bills and a forest of straw men.
Despite a temporary setback – Hilary Rosen’s hastily surrendered war on moms – Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will resume the battle with a Paycheck Fairness Act that practically encourages frivolous lawsuits and has zero chance of passage.
No matter. Its sole purpose is to keep the war-on-women theme going, while the equally just-for-show Buffett Rule, nicely pitting the 99 percent versus the 1 percent, is a clever bit of class warfare designed to let Democrats play tribune of the middle class.
There is a problem, however. It makes a mockery of Obama’s pose as the great transcender, uniter, healer of divisions. This is the man who sprang from nowhere with that thrilling 2004 convention speech declaring there is “not a black America and white America and Latino America and Asian America; there’s the United States of America.”
That was then. Today, we are just sects with quarrels – to be exploited for political advantage. And Obama is just the man to fulfill Al Gore’s famous mistranslation of our national motto: Out of one, many.
(Excerpt) Read more at bostonherald.com …
- Krauthammer: Obama To Run Campaign On Race, Ethnicity, Class And Gender (video) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Charles Krauthammer Rips Obama’s ‘Fairness’ Comments (Video) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Divider in chief (bangordailynews.com)
- Did you hear Charles Krauthammer on Inside Washington? (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama Is Right To Tout Bin Laden Death, But Not To Attack Romney Over It (mediaite.com)
- Krauthammer On Why Americans Hate Obamacare: It’s Not the Advertising It’s the Dogfood (usamericanfreedom.com)
- Charles Krauthammer Blames Santorum’s ‘Self-Inflicted’ Defeat On ‘Kennedy, College And Contraception’ (mediaite.com)
- Krauthammer: Intervention in Syria needed (goerie.com)
- Charles Krauthammer, Don’t Forget to Take Your Meds!! (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Stephen Colbert Zings Fox News’ Charles Krauthammer, Calls Him ‘Count Chocula’ (mediaite.com)