Kentucky Senator Rand Paul is rallying once more to end the TSA, and this time he is attacking the federal government’s grabby airport screeners for encroaching on the liberty of American passengers.In a statement released this week, the Republican senator and son of a presidential hopeful,
Texas Congressman Ron Paul, pleads with supporters to help abolish the US Transportation and Security Administration, insisting that the federal agents responsible for screening passengers in airports with invasive pat-downs are damaging what is left of Americans’ civil liberties.“Sometimes our liberty slips away silently, and it is almost hard to notice what went wrong and where. The one fortunate thing about the TSA is that they certainly don’t fit that definition,” Senator Paul explains.“The American people shouldn’t be subjected to harassment, groping, and other public humiliation simply to board an airplane. As you may have heard, I have some personal experience with this, and I’ve vowed to lead the charge to fight back.”Earlier this year,
Senator Paul was detained at an airport in Nashville, Tennessee while attempting to board a flight to the US capital. After passing through a full body scanner, an “anomaly” in the lawmaker’s knee raised a red flag and TSA agents asked him to submit to a hands-on search. Paul, a long-time opponent of the practice, refused and missed his engagement in DC. Hours later, his father offered up an earful to the TSA:
“The police state in this country is growing out of control.
One of the ultimate embodiments of this is the TSA that gropes and grabs our children, our seniors and our loved ones and neighbors with disabilities,”
Congressman Ron Paul responded in a statement issued in January. “The TSA does all of this while doing nothing to keep us safe.”“We must restore the freedom and respect for liberty that once……………..
- Prison Planet.com ” Is Rand Paul Secretly Running For President? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Rand Paul Launches Campaign to End the TSA (12160.info)
- Rand Paul has a quick fix for TSA: Pull the plug (politico.com)
- Senator Rand Paul asks supporters to help abolish the TSA (rt.com)
- Senator Rand Paul asks supporters to help abolish the TSA (EndtheLie.com)
- Rand Paul Launches Campaign to End the TSA (sgtreport.com)
- Rand Paul Has a Quick Fix For TSA: Pull the Plug (tech.slashdot.org)
- Rand Paul: End the TSA (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Rand Paul Says: “Stop Groping our Toddlers and Grandmothers” (thesexypolitico.com)
- Rand Paul Launches Campaign To End The TSA (realthinktank.com)