The Washington Free Beacon is reporting something sure to offend pro-choice advocates — namely, that the White House seemingly requires pregnant visitors to register their unborn babies separately, as a distinct human beings. But is there a more plausible explanation? We think we might have found it.
Let’s start from the beginning. The Free Beacon references White House Visitors Office director Ellie Schafer in an email explaining the process for registering an “unborn fetus” while on a White House tour:
We have received a number of calls regarding how to enter security information for a baby that has not yet been born.
Crazy as it may sound, you MUST include the baby in the overall count of guests in the tour. It’s an easy process.
LAST NAME: The family’s last name
FIRST NAME: “Baby” as a first name
MIDDLE NAME: NMN as in No Middle Name
DOB: Use the date you are submitting the request to us as their birthday
GENDER: if the parents know put that gender down if not, you can enter either M or F as we’ll ask you to update it at the time of birth
SOCIAL: As they will not have a SSN and are under 18, you will not need to enter this field. Again if the spreadsheet asked for a social enter 9 zero’s (not the word nine zeros but 000000000 and yes it happens!)
CITIZEN/CITY/STATE: The citizen, city and state should be entered the same as the parents
- America; Where a Person is Not a Person Except on a White House Tour (5gsandacupofjoe.net)
- A Pro-Life Visiting Policy at the Obama White House? (abcnews.go.com)
- White House: Please Register Your Fetus At The Door (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- You must register your unborn to visit White House (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Irony: “Crazy as it may sound,” Obama administration requires visitors at White House to register unborn babies as separate guests… (lifesitenews.com)
- A secular case against legalized abortion (winteryknight.wordpress.com)
- Why The Washington Times is a leading news source (maureenholland.wordpress.com)
- A pro-life visiting policy at the Obama White House? (news.yahoo.com)
- Heroic News: “White House: Abortion OK, but visitors must register unborn children” plus 5 more (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- Pregnant Visitors at Obama’s WHite House Must Register Their Unborn Baby (maddmedic.wordpress.com)