America’s Phony Election, the Polling Fiasco | Veterans Today
Darkest Ohio – (VT) President Obama was elected to end the Bush wars, disband Homeland Security, find our friendly TSA workers something more useful to do and to sell the billions of dollars of unused and worthless airport scanners back to Michael Chertoff and Israel.
Jailing a few war criminals, capping gasoline prices and ending the Federal Reserve fiasco might have been nice.
On the whole, the only things keeping Obama from being a miserable failure are people like Mitt Romney, the entire Bush family and the combination of organized crime, foreign spies and drug runners that were running America under Bush and, to a great extent, still are.
Now we are being told that Mitt Romney is a real contender in the election. Romney runs over 1000 secret bank accounts in Switzerland and an uncounted number in the Caymans. In fact, other than inheriting vast wealth and never having had to do a day of real work, Romney may well be scarier than any James Bond bad guy.
It isn’t his religion, though Mormonism is generally seen as political, extremist and even dangerous by a majority of Americans.
Today, we got the following poll results on the war in Afghanistan:
WASHINGTON — Support for the war in Afghanistan has hit a new low and is on par with support for the Vietnam War in the early 1970s, a bad sign for President Barack Obama as he argues that to end the war responsibly the United States must remain in Afghanistan another two years.
Only 27 percent of Americans say they back the war effort, and 66 percent oppose the war, according to an AP-GfK poll released Wednesday.
A November 1971 Harris poll showed a record-high 65 percent of Americans said that continued fighting in Vietnam was “morally wrong.” By that time the United States was already drastically cutting the size of its fighting force in Vietnam on the road to a full withdrawal in 1973.
- The Note’s Must-Reads for Friday, May 11, 2010 (abcnews.go.com)
- Poll finds Romney behind Bush, McCain in evangelical support (mcclatchydc.com)
- Poll: Support for war in Afghanistan hits new low (stripes.com)
- Poll shows Americans’ pessimism on economy growing (newsday.com)
- A Mitt Romney Gay Rights Timeline (buzzfeed.com)
- Obama, Romney Ohio race remains tight (politico.com)
- Mr. President, It’s About Time (readersupportednews.org)
- President Obama laughs at Mitt Romney’s ‘Etch-A-Sketch moment’ on auto bailout (dailykos.com)
- Mitt Romney on The Issues – Understanding What He Stands for (socyberty.com)
- Poll: Despite Christie’s popularity among N.J. voters, most prefer Obama as president over Mitt Romney (nj.com)