Obama Raises $15 Mil at Clooney’s, Says Sometimes He Forgets About the Recession
Rush Limbaugh.com ^ | May 11, 2012 | Rush Limbaugh
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 3:03:53 PM by Kaslin
RUSH: Obama is at the Clooney fundraiser last night, where, by the way, the story on that is, the original expectation was ten million. That’s what they were gonna raise. But then, our brave, courageous president went out there and said that he thinks the states ought to determine gay marriage, and that gay people should be able to get married. Lo and behold, the floodgates opened, and an additional five million was raised at the Clooney fundraiser. I’m not believing that either. The whole thing is a crock. They got 15 from the get-go.
ou got Obama in Clooney’s house, the tickets have been sold, but they want us to believe that there’s all this newfound enthusiasm in Hollywood where he was lagging behind a little bit.
There was some distrust, some disappointment, some people simply didn’t have that confidence. But then Obama came out and he said, “I think the states ought to determine whether or not gay people get married.” For some reason that got another five million. While he was there, if this isn’t in every Romney ad from now ’til November, somebody needs to be fired. Obama said, quote,
“Sometimes I forget” the “magnitude” of the recession. “Sometimes I forget” the “magnitude” of the recession. Is it cool to be out of touch? That’s what he said………....
- Out of touch: Know what Obama doesn’t forget? Playing some hoops! (twitchy.com)
- See L.A. home where Clooney feted Obama (lansner.ocregister.com)
- Details From George Clooney’s A-List Fundraiser for President Obama (gossipcop.com)
- Barack Obama – Cracks Clooney Jokes at $15 Mil Fundraiser (tmz.com)
- Obama jokes with Clooney at star’s gala fundraiser (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Obama jokes with Clooney at star’s gala fundraiser (staradvertiser.com)
- Obama’s Clooney Lines Got Laughs. Too Bad They Weren’t Fact Checked (businessweek.com)
- George Clooney raises $15 million for Barack Obama’s re-election (hollywood.com)
- Clooney helps Obama rake it in (politico.com)
- Barack Obama, George Clooney and the $15 Million Fundraiser (newsfeed.time.com)