If someone – or some government entity – were able to figure out the science behind what makes people violent, what do you suppose they would do with that knowledge? It’s a legitimate question, because the Pentagon is trying to find out.
According toa recent report by the BBC, the Defense Department appears to be looking for a way to hijack the mind so it can implant false, but believable, stories – a sort of “like me” weapon, if you will.
The Pentagon’sDefense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA – the division responsible for all of the Defense Department’s cutting-edge technology development – is said to be working on brand-new research that focuses on the neurobiology behind the political violence and, specifically, whether such violence can be mitigated before it even begins.
DARPA officials say the research is aimed at looking for ways to generate versions of events that would convince people not to support the enemy. The concept is calledNarrative Networks, andin an official solicitationthe agency says anyone who submits a proposal “to this effort will be expected to revolutionize the study of narratives and narrative influence by advancing narrative analysis and neuroscience so as to create new narrative influence sensors, doubling status quo capacity to forecast narrative influence.”
Not science fiction – just science………………..
- Narrative Networks: Building the Pentagon’s ‘like me’ weapon (blacklistednews.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” FEMA and Pentagon’s National Guard Homeland Response Force Trains in New York (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Defense Department seeks new authorities for counterterrorism fight (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- How the Neuroscience of Violence Can Bring Peace (bigthink.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” After The Government Microchips Our Soldiers, How Long Will It Be Before They Want To Put A Microchip In YOU (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- “The World According to DARPA” (cccblog.org)
- DARPA plans to place diagnostic nanochip in soldiers (dvice.com)
- Darpa director leaving the Pentagon for Google (rt.com)
- Pentagon wants software to ‘see through language’ (headlineclicker.com)
- Pentagon confirms plan to create new spy agency (gunnyg.wordpress.com)