Until just a few weeks ago, an old man’s bones lay buried in a family grave in an impeccably kept cemetery in a Bavarian town called Wunsiedel. His name was Rudolf Hess. Born 1894, he suffered a mysterious death in 1987 at age 93.
Twenty-four years later, in the dark of the night of 20 July 2011, some ghouls dug up his remains, as well as the bones of his wife and his parents, and holocausted them.
Now who would want to do a ghoulish thing like that? Dracula? Some spiteful force beyond our comprehension that needs to drive a silver stake into the spirit of a man long gone – whose very memory still carries the pulse beat of an era we are not ever to investigate, much less to honor and respect?
David Irving, known even to his friends as the “reluctant Revisionist”, who, brilliant writer that he is, cannot resist to take a verbal swipe or two at twelve short years that ought to awe us at the very least with their scientific marvels, wrote this in introducing “Rudolf Hess: The Missing Years 1941-45”, Grafton Books, 1989:
“Semi-blind, his memory gone, he languished for 46 years in prison, and spent over half of that time in solitary confinement. At first, he was detained in cells with blackened windows, sentinels flashing torches on his face all night at half-hour intervals, and later in conditions only marginally more humane.
“Occasionally, mankind remembered that he was…………
- Austrian gravestone of Adolf Hitler’s parents removed (calgaryherald.com)
- Austrian gravestone of Adolf Hitler’s parents removed (theprovince.com)
- Remains of Hitler’s Deputy Exhumed, Cremated, and Scattered at Sea (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Rudolf Hess: Inside the mind of Hitler’s deputy (dokmz.wordpress.com)
- Startling New Information Revealed in New Book, The Double: Churchill, Hitler, and the Duel over Rudolf Hess (prweb.com)
- Liveblogging World War II: May 10, 1941 (delong.typepad.com)
- The Oath to Adolf Hitler Speech by Rudolf Hess on 25 February 1934 (wolfslair88.wordpress.com)
- Peter Bromhead: A writer’s work is never done (nzherald.co.nz)
- Gravestone of Hitler’s parents removed (abc.net.au)
- Austrian gravestone of Adolf Hitler’s parents removed (vancouversun.com)