Donna Summer, the 1970s pop singer known as the Queen of Disco, has died of lung cancer, an illness she believes she contracted from inhaling toxic particles released after the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York.
The 63-year-old singer, who had hits including Hot Stuff, Love to Love You, Baby and I Feel Love, died in Florida on Thursday morning.
She had largely kept her battle with lung cancer out of the public eye. But the website TMZ reported that the singer had told friends she believed her illness was the result of inhaling toxic dust from the collapsed Twin Towers.
Full article here
- Queen of Disco Donna Summer passes away (thehindu.com)
- ‘Queen of Disco’ Donna Summer dies, aged 63 – The Bostwana Gazette (gazettebw.com)
- ‘Queen of Disco’ Donna Summer dies of cancer (channel6newsonline.com)
- Disco legend Donna Summer dead from cancer (nation.co.ke)
- ‘Queen of Disco’ Donna Summer dies, aged 63 – Sin Chew Jit Poh (mysinchew.com)
- Disco legend Donna Summer dies at 63 (vanguardngr.com)
- Last Dance …… Donna Summer, RIP (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Donna Summer Dead — Disco Legend Dies After Battle with Lung Cancer (tmz.com)
- Disco queen Donna Summer dead at 63 (wnd.com)
- RIP Donna Summer, Watch Her Most Memorable Live Performances [VIDEO] (hellobeautiful.com)