Two prominent U.S. lawyers are among the skeptics questioning whether evidence in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin supports the second-degree murder charge against George Zimmerman, given the confessed shooter’s apparent injuries and freshly released eyewitness accounts.
“There is no second-degree murder evidence in this case,” Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz said. “It’s a very close case.”
Details released in the past week add to the picture of what might have transpired on that rainy Feb. 26 before Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch captain in the Sanford, Fla., community where Martin, 17, was staying with his father’s fiancée, shot the teen dead.
Previously unknown particulars, including the scrape on Martin’s knuckle and photos of Zimmerman’s battered and swollen face — which were taken moments after he shot and killed Martin in what he says was self defense — coupled with eyewitness accounts that back up Zimmerman’s story, suggest for some that the prosecutor overreached.
“I’d rather play the defense than the prosecutor, because there’s no way you get a murder-two conviction,” journalist-attorney Geraldo Rivera said on Fox News’ “The O’Reilly Factor” last week….
(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com …
- Drop George Zimmerman’s murder charge (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Dershowitz: Zimmerman prosecutors should be investigated (References Mobile, AL racial beat-down) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Megyn Kelly Guest Alan Dershowitz Slams Zimmerman Prosecutor: Her Affidavit ‘Is A Crime’ (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Alan Dershowitz: Drop the Zimmerman Murder Charge (minx.cc)
- Drop George Zimmerman’s murder charge (givemeliberty01.wordpress.com)
- Alan Dershowitz Is Wrong on Trayvon (thedailybeast.com)
- Charges Should Be Dropped Against Zimmerman And Raised Against A Few Other People (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- Latest evidence in Trayvon Martin case: Does it help George Zimmerman? (csmonitor.com)
- Drop George Zimmerman’s Murder Charge (Alan Dershowitz) (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- GTFOHWTBS: New York Daily News D-Bag Writer Alan Dershowitz Says George Zimmerman Had Every Right To KillTrayvon Martin! (bossip.com)
- Dershowitz: No Jury Would Convict Zimmerman Of Murder Unless Afraid ‘New Black Panthers Might Kill Them’ (mediaite.com)
- Alan Dershowitz: George Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit ‘Irresponsible And Unethical’ (lesliebrodie.wordpress.com)
- Harvard Prof. Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit ‘Irresponsible And Unethical’ (mediaite.com)
- Dershowitz Blasts Case Filed Against Zimmerman (foxnews.com)