Despite establishment media hype predicting a repeat of the violence at the 1968 Democratic convention, the anti-NATO protests in Chicago have so far been largely non-violent.
Chicago cops tried to create a riot but not much came of it.
As of Sunday, a mere 45 protesters were arrested. “No details on the arrests were immediately available, but it appeared from the clashes that played out in front of television cameras that many of those arrested were taken into custody after refusing a police order to disperse,” the AP reports.
Chicago and the federal government squandered millions of tax payer dollars on a not-so secret “command center” to keep a watchful electronic eye on Americans exercising the First Amendment. The proudly advertised purpose of the high-tech fusion center was to protect “foreign ministers” who arrived to plot future NATO conquests and war crimes. Of course, these bureaucrats were never really in danger.
Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel’s government worked with the Secret Service to turn downtown Chicago into a ghost town and deny workers and small businesses income. Eight foot tall “security fencing” created a declared “security perimeter” around downtown, Grant Park, and McCormick Place where the NATO war council convened.
Emanuel squandered over a million bucks on “riot equipment” for riots that have not so far taken place. Instead of rounding up violent anarchists and the like, the Chicago police have shut down miles of highway and streets so cars and pedestrians are prevented from accessing the city and thus inconveniencing ministers of war and globalist chaos at McCormick.
So absurd was the propaganda, we were told plans were on hand to evacuate the entire city, something that has not been contemplated since the fake threat of insane commies nuking America.
On Sunday, The Guardian reported that…………..
- NATO’s Rasmussen: Not critical of Chicago NATO protestors (blogs.suntimes.com)
- Thousands march through Chicago to NATO summit (mysanantonio.com)
- Thousands begin NATO protest march through Chicago (mysanantonio.com)
- Protesters prepare for larger NATO demonstration (mysanantonio.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Secret Service Wants Pat-downs and Porno Scanners in Chicago During Summit (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama: NATO shifting to help peace in Afghanistan (mysanantonio.com)
- The Occupy Movement Descends On Chicago For NATO Summit (huffingtonpost.com)
- NATO’s chief on Chicago NATO protests: Mark of “free societies” – NATO summit (mbcalyn.com)
- Rahm: NATO Summit Already Paying Off For Chicago (huffingtonpost.com)
- NATO Blog: The stage is set for summit, protests – Chicago Tribune (chicagotribune.com)