(“Barack Obama is a Father Figure to his naive, blind, and delusional followers.”) Prison Planet.com » Why Mankind Is Screwed: The People Are Children, And Leaders Are Fathers
“The President is not Our Father; he’s a politician who, like all people wielding political power, is in great need of constant critical scrutiny and adversarial checks — from all citizens, but especially media figures. Relating to him as some kind of guiding paternalistic authority is, I’m sorry to say, really quite warped. But it’s far from uncommon, and that explains a lot.” – Glenn Greenwald, “Andrew Sullivan’s father figure.”
“The power of a president’s words did surprise me. The president is the head of state. When he speaks, history is being made. When a president uses that authority to express solidarity with gay citizens and their families, and to assert his belief in their core equality, for the first time ever, I’m not going to apologize for being moved, just as I was moved by the sight of an African-American being sworn into the presidency in the first place. And forgive me, but if someone had told me two decades ago that by 2012, a black president would be endorsing gay marriage, I would have asked where he got that stuff he was smoking.” – Andrew Sullivan, “The Greenwald Pounce.”
Glenn Greenwald and Andrew Sullivan had an interesting exchange about President Obama’s endorsement of gay marriage in which they gave different insights into American political life, especially the public display of presidential worship.
Both men are…..
- Andrew Sullivan Holds Back Tears Talking About What Obama’s Gay Marriage Endorsement Meant to Him: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Andrew Sullivan’s father figure (salon.com)
- Gay journalist Andrew Sullivan says that Barack Obama has become a “father figure” to him, which is wrong on every last level… (salon.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Teacher Yells At Student: Criminal Offense to Criticize Obama (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Why Mankind Is Screwed: The People Are Children, And Leaders Are Fathers (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- Does Andrew Sullivan’s Obamaphilia Make Sense? (bigthink.com)
- Andrew Sullivan Declares Obama “The First Gay President” (alan.com)
- Newsweek’s Andrew Sullivan “The First Gay President” Article. (theobamacrat.com)
- Andrew Sullivan And Glenn Greenwald Clash Over Military Killing US Citizens Overseas On Maher Panel (mediaite.com)
- Uterine forensic expert Andrew Sullivan to hold live chat on Newsweek’s Obama in ‘gay-lo’ cover story (twitchy.com)