This is another column exploring the evil sway of scientism, not science, that dominates worldwide behavior. Scientism is worse than the organized religions, which shape individual beliefs into warring and death.
To best define scientism, I saw a joke on the pages of a recent issue of American Free Press:
Headlined ‘war between the states’ the brief read:
“After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year outside NewYork City, scientists found traces of copper cable dating back 200 years. They came to the conclusion that their New England ancestors already had a telephone system more than 200 years ago.
“Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, a Los Angeles archeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet near Oceanside. Shortly after, a story in the LA Times read: ”California archeologist finds 300-year old copper cable and concludes ancestors had 300-year old communication network 100 years earlier than New Yorkers.”
“One week later, a local newspaper in Colombia,SC reported: ‘After digging down 30 feet deep in his pasture, Bubba, a self taught archeologist reported he found absolutely nothing. Bubba has concluded that ‘400 years ago, South Carolina had already gone wireless.”
- Scientific Truths Are Not Better Truths Than Just-Plain Truths (wmbriggs.com)
- Freedom Explained (memebase.com)
- Truth or Useful Fiction (allalltor.wordpress.com)
- (“And, oh-boy, have we simpletons lapped it up!”) Scientism Conquers Truth Again, and Again, and Again | Veterans Today (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Screw Religion! Go With God (veteranstoday.com)
- Why am I a Hindu……!? (badaga.wordpress.com)
- The Humanities, the Sciences and Ways of Knowing (choiceindying.com)
- Why did Religion evolve? (luvsiesous.com)
- Kitcher on Scientism … (verbosestoic.wordpress.com)
- Feser on Scientism (deepsoftime.com)