– FrontPage Magazine – http://frontpagemag.com –
Obama’s Chicago Hate Group Connection
Posted By Daniel Greenfield On May 22, 2012 @ 12:22 am In Daily Mailer,FrontPage | No Comments
Munir Muhammad is grandfatherly and soft-spoken. He is on a first-name basis with half the politicians in Chicago, and has sat across the table with power players ranging from several governors of his state to Barack Hussein Obama. Muhammad is also a leading figure in one of America’s oldest hate groups.
Born James Waller in Birmingham, Alabama, he drifted into the orbit of the Nation of Islam, changed his name, and moved up through the ranks in the organization. Today his Coalition for the Remembrance of The Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad is one of the fragmented organizations, squabbling over the vicious legacy of the Nation of Islam.
The Nation of Islam, one of the country’s oldest hate groups, has an ugly fratricidal history. Along with its violent attacks on those outside its circle of race and religion, fueled by a belief that white people are subhumans created by a black mad scientist, it has carried on an equally violent campaign against its own. The list of Nation of Islam dissidents murdered or assaulted by their own people stretches back nearly eighty years. Despite the call to racial solidarity, there is little unity even within the ranks of the Nation of Islam, whose management often resembles that of a gang, rather than a religious group.
The difference between the Nation of Islam and most hate groups is that NOI members and groups can receive government contracts and plum posts from the Democratic Party. Munir Muhammad, who has spent the last nine years sitting on the Illinois Human Rights Commission, with a nearly fifty thousand dollar salary, is proof of the problem. How does the business manager for a hate group get appointed by two Illinois governors to a human rights commission? It’s surprisingly easy. It’s just a matter of knowing the right people.
On the website for
- Senate rejects Nation of Islam follower for human rights commission (illinois.statehousenewsonline.com)
- Illinois Senate finally rejects Muslim member of human rights panel (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- New Black Panthers are noisy, but small (mcclatchydc.com)
- Hate Groups Explode In Number (huffingtonpost.com)
- How I Became a Hate Group (canadafreepress.com)
- ‘White hate groups’ are apparently having a lot of meetings (theblaze.com)
- Nation of Islam Knocking on KC Doors (fox4kc.com)
- Hate Groups In The U.S.: Will The Changing Face Of The Nation Spur Hate Group Participation? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Hate Group Associations Disqualify Obama (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- IL gov’s appointment stirs up controversy (illinois.statehousenewsonline.com)