I was listening to a reply from President Obama the other day concerning some scathing remarks that Newark Mayor Cory Booker had made about a campaign ad that the Obama re-election team was running against Mitt Romney. Obama came out and proceeded to belittle Romney for being a businessman whose only concern was making a good profit at the expense of people.
Obama then proceeded to try and clarify his vison of what the presidency is compared to Mitt Romney’s. “The President of the United States is not concerned about how much high profits can be made but making sure that everyone gets a fair shot!”
Actually, Mr. Obama, that is NOT the President’s job. The President’s job is to set the conditions in this country that allows business to flourish, keep taxes low, regulate commerce, attend to foreign affairs, and make sure America has a strong defense.
(Doubt me? Read the Constitution)! It is up to the individual to take advantage of the opportunities afforded him/her in this country to go economically and socially as far as they are able. Everyone has different talents, abilities, and skills, Mr. Obama, and are therefore limited ONLY by how much effort they are willing to put into life to succeed.
The statement made by Obama ” that the President’s job is to………
- Obama’s Lesson From Cory Booker-gate (theroot.com)
- Barack Obama and Mitt Romney come to ‘shake the trees’ in California (sacbee.com)
- President Obama has comfortable lead over Mitt Romney in Pennsylvania, poll shows (pennlive.com)
- Poll: Mitt Romney leads President Barack Obama in Florida, while gay marriage issue matters little (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Cory Booker and the End of the New Black Politician : The New Yorker (policyabcs.wordpress.com)
- New Romney Ad Spotlights Cory Booker’s Criticism Of Obama’s Bain Attacks (mediaite.com)
- Florida poll shows Mitt Romney leads President Barack Obama, while gay … – MiamiHerald.com (miamiherald.com)
- Poll: Mitt Romney leads Barack Obama in Florida (clickorlando.com)
- Is Mitt Romney a Christian?? (blackrepublicanandmyworldview.wordpress.com)
- Romney opens new front vs Obama: schools are failing (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)