Iran’s Basij Press is claiming that a version of the Gospel of Barnabas, found in 2000, will prove that Islam is the final and righteous religion and the revelation will cause the collapse worldwide of Christianity.
Turkey confiscated a leather-bound text, written on animal hide, in an anti-smuggling operation in 2000. Turkish authorities believe the text could be an authentic version of the Gospel of Barnabas, one of Jesus’ apostles and an associate of the apostle Paul.
This version of the Barnabas Gospel was written in the 5th or 6th century and it predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad and the religion of Islam, the Basij Press claims.
The Christian world, it says, denies the existence of such a gospel.
However, religious scholars have said another version of the Barnabas Gospel, discovered a century ago, was written less than 500 years ago, which would post-date Mohammad.
In Chapter 41 of the Barnabas Gospel, Basij claims, is this statement: “God has hidden himself as Archangel Michael ran them (Adam and Eve) out of heaven, (and) when Adam turned, he noticed that at top of the gateway to heaven, it was written ‘La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah,’” meaning Allah is the only God and Mohammad his prophet.
The Turkish army has taken possession of the Barnabas Gospel because the “Zionists” and the governments of the West are trying to suppress its contents, Basij Press claims.
According to the Barnabas Gospel in Turkey’s hands, Basij Press says, Jesus was never crucified and that not only is He not the son of God, but that He himself predicted the coming of the Prophet Mohammad. The book even predicts the coming of the last Islamic messiah, the report says.
“The discovery of the original Barnabas Bible will now undermine the Christian Church and its authority and will revolutionize the religion in the world,” the Basij report says. “The most significant fact, though, is that this Bible has predicted the coming of Prophet Mohammad and in itself has verified the religion of Islam, and this alone will unbalance the powers of the world and create instability in the Christian world.”
The Basij report concludes that the discovery is so immense that it will affect the world’s politics and that the world powers are aware of the coming effects of this event……..
- 1,500-yr-old Bible found, Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) (themuslimvoice.wordpress.com)
- Neue Schrift gefunden (diewahrheithatfluegel.wordpress.com)
- ‘Jesus predicted coming of Prophet Muhammad’ in Bible found in Turkey (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- When Sparks Fly (ayaslife.wordpress.com)
- Gospel of Barnabas and Islam (paulmarcelrene.wordpress.com)
- Barnabas take on Jesus… (tyragan.wordpress.com)
- Vatican Officially Asks Turkey For Access to 1,500 Year Old Bible (inquisitr.com)
- Secret £14million Bible in which ‘Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad’ unearthed in Turkey (2012indyinfo.com)
- Rare 1500 Years Old Bible in which ‘Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad’ unearthed in Ankara, Turkey (islambestreligion.wordpress.com)
- 13. Earl Doherty’s Response to Bart Ehrman’s Case Against Mythicism – Pt.13 (vridar.wordpress.com)