Friday, May 25, 2012
You may have entertained the idea of an improbable civilization ending events such as a ‘global killer’ asteroid, earth crust displacement or massive solar storms, but what if there existed a situation right now that was so serious that it literally threatened our very existence?
According to a host of scientists, nuclear experts and researchers, were are facing exactly such a scenario – and current efforts may not be able to stop it.
When the Fukushima nuclear plants sustained structural damage and a catastrophic failure of their spent fuel cooling systems in the aftermath of the Japanese earthquake and Tsunami in 2011, it left the government of Japan, Tokyo Power and nuclear regulatory agencies around the world powerless to contain the release of deadly radiation. A year on, the battle for control of Fukushima continues to no avail.
It’s estimated that tens of thousands of people in Japan and the whole of North America have been affected, with reports indicating that children in Japan and the U.S. are already being born with birth defects, as well as thousands who have already succumbed to radiation related illness. As we initially followed the breaking news during the first thirty days of the accident, we suggested the Fukushima disaster would be worse than Chernobyl. Not even we could have imagined how much worse it would be.
If current estimates are correct, Fukushima has already released as much radiation into the atmosphere and Pacific Ocean as Chernobyl, and the potential for a disaster at least ten times worse is highly probable in the event of another earthquake or accident that leads to a collapse of the cooling structures which are above ground and have already suffered significant damage.
According to U.S. Army General Albert N. Stubblebine (ret.) of the Natural Solutions Foundation, the situation is extremely serious and poses a significant danger to our entire civilization. Since TEPCO and the Japanese government have refused the entombment option (as the Russians did with Chernobyl) the world is at the mercy of nature. A mistake here would cause the deaths of tens of millions of people across the globe.
If there ever existed a threat that could cause the end of the world as we know it, it’s the ongoing and unresolved nuclear saga in Japan:
When the highly radioactive Spent Fuel Rods are exposed to air, there will be massive explosions releasing many times the amount or radiation released thus far. Bizarrely, they are stored three stories above ground in open concrete storage pools. Whether through evaporation of the water in the pools, or due to the inevitable further collapse of the structure, there is a severe risk. United States public health authorities agree that tens of thousands of North Americans have already died from the Fukushima calamity. When the final cataclysm occurs, sooner rather than later, the whole Northern Hemisphere is at risk of becoming largely uninhabitable.
Fact. On March 11, 2011, Fukushima Daichi nuclear power station……
- US Army General Warns of Impending Fukushima Doom – Yahoo! News (2012indyinfo.com)
- Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated (wrc559.com)
- The Sleeping Dragon: Fukushima Forever (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- Fukushima disaster is ‘nuclear war without a war’ (sgtreport.com)
- Fukushima Is 85 Times Greater Than Chernobyl (raptureimminent.wordpress.com)
- Death by 1000 papercuts..Fukushima..number 4 in meltdown (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- Major crack in the south wall of Fukushima reactor 4: is this the end of the world as we know it? (theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com)
- Crack in the South Wall of Fukushima Reactor 4: the End of the World as We Know it? (musicians4freedom.com)
- Fukushima Forever (margotswebnews.wordpress.com)
- Fukushima reactors to be entombed like Chernobyl? Officials may say “We’re just going to fill it with concrete and walk away” (VIDEO) (enenews.com)