‘Barnabas Gospel’ won’t collapse Christianity
The “Barnabas Gospel” cited by Iran’s Basij Press as proof Islam is the “righteous” religion because it foretold Muhammad’s coming has as much historical accuracy as the “DaVinci Code,” according to an author and researcher who spent 12 years in Turkey and has seen a copy of the ancient text.
The “DaVinci Code,” a 2003 bestselling mystery-detective novel by Dan Brown, fantasizes that Jesus was an ordinary man who married Mary Magdalene and produced offspring who became the kings of France. The book has been widely criticized for historical inaccuracies.
The Barnabas Gospel drew attention Thursday when Reza Kahlili, a pseudonym for a former CIA operative in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, reported on the claims by Basij Press.
The Iranian news organ asserted the book is being suppressed by Christians who don’t want it revealed that their beliefs are based on lies. The Basij report cited a passage from chapter 41 of the text: “God has hidden himself as Archangel Michael ran them (Adam and Eve) out of heaven, (and) when Adam turned, he noticed that at top of the gateway to heaven, it was written ‘La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah,’” meaning Allah is the only God and Muhammad his prophet.
The Turkish army took possession of the book in 2000 during an anti-smuggling operation.
Basij Press contends the text was written in the 5th or 6th century and predicts the coming of Muhammad and the religion of Islam. The Christian world, Basij says, denies the existence of such a gospel. But there are other known versions of the “Barnabas Gospel” from the 16th century, post-dating Muhammad’s development of Islam by centuries, experts confirm.
Read about the realities that are rejected by evolutionists, in “Magic Man in the Sky: Effectively Defending the Christian Faith.
Luke Montgomery, who uses a pseudonym because of his business dealings in the country, told WND that whatever the Turkish army has, it “is almost certainly not the Gospel of Barnabas, or even connected to it.”
Montgomery, with a master’s in linguistics, says on his Washington Times Communities profile that after obtaining his advanced degree he spent more than a decade “combing Hittite, Phrygian, Lycian, Greek and Roman ruins on the shores of the Mediterranean and Aegean.” He now consults with public and private institutions with interests and operations in the Middle East.
He told WND that he spent years researching the Barnabas Gospel, visiting museums and historic sites as part of his work…………
- The collapse of Christianity as predicted by Iran. Today’s news story. (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- ‘Gospel of Barnabas’ Will Trigger Collapse of Christianity, Claims Iran By Ivana Kvesic (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Iran: New Gospel of Barnabas Will COLLAPSE Christianity (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Iran Claims Discovery of Ancient “Gospel” Will Prove Islam and Destroy Christianity (flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com)
- The Gospel of Barnabas Found in Iran! (weeklyworldnews.com)
- Discovery of Ancient Religious Text Will Kill Christianity (sott.net)
- The collapse of Christianity as predicted by Iran. Today’s news story. (catholicmusings.wordpress.com)
- Discovery of Ancient Religious Text Will Kill Christianity, Claims Iranian Press (devicemag.com)
- Gospel of Barnabas will cause Christianity’s collapse (livasperiklis.com)
- La elah ela Allah, Mohamad rasool Allah (dave-lucas.blogspot.com)