As I opened up an e-copy of the Washington Times today, the headline read: “Federal agency warns of radicals on right.”
Many have talked about this and Karen DeCoster in today’s LRC blog here mentioned this report. Fox News, Drudge and many other “conservative” commentators are up in arms claiming that this is a direct attack against conservatives. I beg to differ. It is an attack against Americans!
The Department of Homeland Security is warning “law enforcement officials” (jackbooted criminal types) about a rise in “rightwing extremist activity,” but a footnote in this report by the Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines rightwing extremism as “including not just racist or hate groups, but also groups that (don’t miss this part) reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority.” If I’m interpreting this correctly, this report is going after anyone who dares to question federal authority. This would put libertarians directly in the government’s crosshairs. In fact, I have been against federal authority my entire life, so am I a prime target? In addition, this report was sent to police and sheriff’s departments all over the country. This is after thousands of combat troops have taken up permanent residence as domestic police, with thousands more on the way. This sounds like nothing more than a recipe for tyranny.
The government’s destruction of liberty has been with us for generations, but due to the incremental nature of this assault on freedom in the past most paid little attention. But now our liberty is being pushed aside like a bulldozer mowing over anthills. Is anyone other than LRC readers and small (l) libertarians watching?
In the past I have talked about illegal wiretapping, illegal spying, government/private spying partnerships (Infragard), thought crime legislation, financial transaction monitoring, anti-money laundering legislation, immoral taxation policies and privacy invasions among many other government indiscretions, and many thought that I was too negative or too cynical. I even wrote an article about pending legislation that would allow government to round us all up and put us in federal camps. Now, after just recently seeing the leaked Missouri MIAC Strategic Report, The Department of Homeland Security is informing police to be on the lookout for any who would not be in favor of federal authority.
Orwell as prognosticator has been well vindicated; more so than even he probably could have imagined.
I write this today after just learning this morning that in Billings, Montana (population 100,000) the Yellowstone County Sheriff’s Department rolled out its new 13-foot tall, 35,000-pound Ballistic Engineered Armored Response vehicle (BEAR) purchased with, you guessed it, a Homeland Security grant. It is to be used by not only the sheriff’s department but also by the Billings Police Department. They got this war machine just in time to tame those who are not in favor of federal authority. It is bullet-proof, has 2-inch shatterproof glass and gun ports on both sides. This idiocy is going on all over the country, and why more aren’t fearful of the danger of this military arming of local police I don’t know. In order for the normal citizenry to defend themselves from this onslaught of military weaponry, rifles and shotguns will need to be traded in for bazookas and hand-held rocket launchers. Unfortunately, these are still illegal…………
- The Constitution Does Not Grant Rights! by Gary D. Barnett (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Coming Domestic Population Control Grid (lewrockwell.com)
- I’m Fed Up With Constitution Worship! by Gary D. Barnett (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Constitution Worship Revisited: I’m Still Fed Up! by Gary D. Barnett (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- This Week in Conspiracy (27 May 2012) (skepticalhumanities.com)
- The Duty of the Military in a Militarized Empire (“The military needs to refuse unlawful orders by standing down and stand up for a constitutional republic.”)| Veterans Today (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Drones Pose a Threat to Americans’ Privacy: Pressure is mounting to normalize the use of drones… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Here’s the US Government’s list of digitally monitored words, and what they mean for your privacy (thenextweb.com)
- It’s Unfit To Exist (lewrockwell.com)
- Opinionator: There’s Something About Arizona (opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Thank You for Your Service? (lewrockwell.com)
- Government Wants Us Fighting Each Other (lewrockwell.com)
- Got a criminal record? Crossing the border just got tougher (windsorstar.com)
- Obama’s Arrogance and Rampant Hypocrisy (lewrockwell.com)
- Prosecutors amend charges against Erie man accused of influencing witness (goerie.com)
- New Bill C-10 makes cross-border travel tougher for those with criminal record (theprovince.com)
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend’s legs (mysanantonio.com)
- WA is moving away from the ‘east’: Barnett (news.theage.com.au)
- The Scourge of Collectivism (txwclp.org)
- FBI: Use digital fingerprinting to speed up screening process in Southwest Florida (naplesnews.com)
- | Thank You for Your Service? No Thanks! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- The Duty of the Military in a Militarized Empire (veteranstoday.com)