Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona, the man leading an investigation into the eligibility of the president, says he will not back down on the birther issue despite last week’s attempts by Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett to lay the controversy to rest.
Bennett said he was happy that an email from officials in Hawaii sent to him last week “proves President Obama’s American birth and satisfies Arizona’s requirements for having the president on the upcoming election ballot.”
Despite not having opened the email when questioned by reporters, Bennett apologized to critics who said he had “embarrassed the state” by suggesting the president may be kept off the ballot.
“I can now report to thousands of constituents that we did what can be done and [Obama] is qualified to be on the ballot,” Bennett said….
- (“Arizona Secty of State: Another ignorant public servant who needs to be kicked out of office”) DEVVY’s EMAIL ALERTS !!!!! Apparently Ken Bennett has never read the U.S. Constitution nor does he have any understanding of what ‘natural born citizen’ actua (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Arpaio not buying Hawaii’s Obama-birth story (wnd.com)
- Arizona’s Secretary of State Not Convinced Obama Was Born in U.S., Threatens to Exclude Him From Ballot [Arizona] (gawker.com)
- Beat Obama Committee Flooding Arizona with Faxes on Mr. Obama’s Birth Certificate (prweb.com)
- Arizona’s Secretary of State goes birther, says Obama might not be on ballot (dailykos.com)
- Arizona Secretary Of State Threatens To Keep Obama’s Name Off Ballot Without Birth Certificate Verification (Audio) (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Hawaii Verifies Obama’s Records to Ariz. (myfoxdetroit.com)
- Hawaii Responds to Ken Bennett’s Request for Obama Birth Records (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Hawaii Attorney General To Arizona Secretary Of State: Prove That You Need Obama’s Birth Certificate (businessinsider.com)
- Arizona’s Secretary Of State Is Sorry For ‘Embarrassing’ Arizona With The Obama Birth Certificate Request (businessinsider.com)