Ex-Dem guv: Suppose Obama ‘not born in U.S.’
Democrat personality David Paterson, former governor of New York and now a talk-radio host on WOR in New York City, has suggested Barack Obama could be ineligible for the Oval Office and “got away” with it.
And Paterson compared Obama’s actions to those of Richard Nixon, which he likened to treason.
On his show yesterday, he was asserting, along with NBC Chief White House Correspondent Chuck Todd, that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney should have distanced himself more from developer Donald Trump and his doubts about Obama’s eligibility.
“Even if he wasn’t born in the United States at this point,” Paterson said. “It’s kind of like he got away with it.”
He continued, “A lot of people get away with a lot of things.”
Paterson compared Obama’s actions to those of President Richard Nixon.
“We learned later that Nixon spied on Johnson’s Paris peace talks,” Paterson said. “That was actually an act of … uh … I mean it was against the interests of the U.S. government. You’ve got to say that before you would say it’s treason. But he got away with it. Decided it wasn’t a good thing to bring up at that particular time. Not only did he get away with it, he won the election.”
The interview has been posted online by WOR. Paterson’s comments come at about the 16:20 mark.
Before the comments, Paterson and Todd had agreed that Romney was doing his campaign no benefit by not distancing himself from Trump, who just this week blasted CNN for not reporting on the issue more accurately.
The billionaire businessman told lead political anchor Wolf Blitzer the network would improve its dismal viewer ratings if it would only report the issue of Obama’s eligibility to be president “accurately.”
“Obama does not like the issue of where he was born,” he told Blitzer in the interview. “There’s something that bothers Obama very much. I will tell you: It’s not an issue that he likes talking about, so what he does is use reverse psychology on people like you. … He does not like that issue because it’s hitting very close to home. You know it, and he knows it – but you don’t report it accurately.”
The heated exchange between Blitzer and Trump can be seen here……….
- Trump has resources to settle “Birth” Issue once and for all (Vanity) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Wolf Blitzer Spars With Donald Trump Over Obama’s Birth Certificate (usnews.com)
- Trump slaps CNN: Report Obama birth fraud! (wnd.com)
- CNN’s Wolf Blitzer tells Trump: ‘You’re beginning to sound a little ridiculous’ (rawstory.com)
- Donald Trump takes shot at CNN ratings (politico.com)
- Donald Trump Blasts Wolf Blitzer, CNN During Combative Live Interview (theatlanticwire.com)
- Donald Trump Fights with Wolf Blitzer, Everyone (hollywood.com)
- Donald Trump rages in CNN meltdown over Obama ‘birther’ issue (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- VIDEO: Wolf Blitzer Battles Donald Trump Over ‘Birther’ Issue (npr.org)
- Blitzer and Trump go at it over Trump’s ‘birther’ claims (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)