Like failed 1984 Democratic presidential candidate Gary Hart daring reporters to follow him around in response to rumors that he was having an affair, only to have his swinging ways with Donna Rice exposed in tabloids across the nation, Obama has dared people to examine the truth about his fiscal record.
So let’s take him up on it.
Incredibly, Obama has only been a federal elected official since he was sworn into the U.S. Senate on January 3, 2005.
When Obama took office in the Senate, the debt to gross domestic product ratio for the country was 62.9 percent. This means that the total U.S. debt equaled almost two-thirds of the annual economic production of the country. Institutions which decide the debt rating for countries look at this debt/GDP number to determine each country’s credit ratings.
When Obama entered the U.S. Senate, the United States had the highest possible credit rating at AAA, allowing our government to borrow money at the lowest possible rates……..
- Obama: The King of Chutzpah (americanclarion.com)
- Personalized Voter Information Online for South Dakota Elections (americanclarion.com)
- Obama Injects Himself Into Bios of Past Presidents on WH Website (canadafreepress.com)
- Michelle Obama isn’t the next Hillary Clinton (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Maine wants real solutions from candidates (bangordailynews.com)
- Senator Ron Johnson says Senate is fiscally out of control (fox6now.com)
- Romney clinches GOP nomination with Texas win (thehindu.com)
- Great Moments in Chutzpah: Curt Schilling speaks (hardballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Michelle Obama isn’t the next Hillary Clinton (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Got Talking Points? (crooksandliars.com)