By Tom Barak Friday, June 1, 2012
It is perhaps ironic that legislation purporting to combat bullying is being advanced by the biggest bully of them all – government – as the progressives in Ontario are busy drafting Bill 13 to force Catholic schools to set-up “gay-straight alliance clubs” within their institutions.
The Ontario government already compels conscientious Christian parents to pay twice for their children’s education, but this latest attack on religious freedom signals an ever-growing and disturbing intolerance and totalitarianism which should be of grave concern to all freedom-loving Canadians.
Recall the case of Jessie Sansome, the 26-year-old Kitchener father of four who was summarily arrested and strip searched while his children were seized by family services and his home ransacked by armed police. The entire incident resulted from overzealous school officials over reacting to his four-year-old daughter drawing a man with a gun in her kindergarten class. No charges were laid and Sansome was freed and reunited with his children after being detained for several hours. As disturbing as this case is, comments and reaction from government and school officials after the fact exacerbate the seriousness of the situation.
Although no formal apology was ever issued, Superintendent of the Waterloo Region District School Board commented to media, “We do work hand in hand with families because we co-parent”(1). The head of the local child and family services agency, Alison Scott, also commented to reporters that “She would do everything the same way tomorrow”(2). If ever we needed a stark example of the itchy trigger finger of the nanny state, its arrogance and willingness to unleash naked force against us, the Sansome case is it. If it seems the bureaucracy is unrepentant that’s because it is, and Bill 13 is merely an extension of this attitude, that we are the government and we have every right to parent your child as you do. How have we come to this? How is it that we have been utterly subjugated and stripped of our right to protection from the brutality of the state? Sadly, Bill 13 and the Sansome case are but two examples of the tyranny of progressivism, Marxism and statism that are consuming our once-free society.
Statists and progressives seek to utterly control and dominate every aspect of our lives…
- Ontario could impose Gay-Straight Alliances on Catholic schools (catholicnewsagency.com)
- Church blindsided by Ontario government over gay-straight alliances: Catholic sources (life.nationalpost.com)
- Catholic schools’ opposition to gay clubs revives public-funding debate (life.nationalpost.com)
- Church rejects Ontario’s gay-straight club decision, accuses government of ‘micromanagement’ (life.nationalpost.com)
- Catholic school board condemns gay-straight alliance bill (cbc.ca)
- Catholic schools set to fight ‘gay-straight alliances’ requirement (thestar.com)
- Trinity Versus Tyranny – Final Battle Over Fate of Man (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Politicians, not Catholics, deserve Ontario’s wrath for funding religious schools (theglobeandmail.com)
- Ontario Catholic schools struggle to get their point across on gay-straight alliances during press call (life.nationalpost.com)
- Gay-straight alliances debated in Ontario: What’s in a name? (cbc.ca)