Vice-Presidential frontrunner Marco Rubio told the elitist Council on Foreign Relations during an event last week that the American people should be prepared for a war with Iran.
Rubio was asked by moderator Richard Stengel, “Would sanction a strike before you would tolerate a nuclear Iran?”
“Yes and I think that we need to begin to prepare people for that,” the Florida Senator responded.
This is by no means the first time Rubio has publicly displayed his appetite to commit the United States to another unaffordable war.
During a Brookings Institution speech at the end of April, Rubio not only called for attacking Iran, but also advocated a military assault on Syria.
Speaking of Iran, Rubio stated, “We should also be preparing our allies, and the world, for the reality that unfortunately, if all else fails, preventing a nuclear Iran may, tragically, require a military solution.”
- Rubio puts foreign policy credentials center stage (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
- If Mitt Romney Wants An ‘Attack Dog’ Running Mate, It’s Not Going To Be Marco Rubio (businessinsider.com)
- Rubio as VP: Bilderberg conspiracy (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Marco Rubio: U.S. may have to strike Iran (rawstory.com)
- Marco Rubio Flub Goes Unnoticed During Otherwise Impressive Council on Foreign Relations Appearance (nymag.com)
- Marco Rubio earns Senate foreign-policy ‘workhorse’ plaudits from Joe Lieberman, John Kerry (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Senator Rubio: Nuclear talks with Iranian regime is a stall tactic (ireport.cnn.com)
- Rubio: Iran should be preeminent foreign policy issue (jta.org)
- Marco Rubio Warns of Failure in Iranian Nuclear Talks (abcnews.go.com)
- Rubio’s audition for VP slot features full-throated support for neoconservative agenda, with Iran front and center (mondoweiss.net)