There has been plenty of conjecture regarding Obama’s biography. Clearly, he has a penchant for fiction and does not care to fact-check his own life.
Nor does he care for others to fact-check or scrutinize what he has been doing as president. Has this been why he has been decimating the taxpayers’ best friends in Washington: the inspectors general?
Inspectors general are investigative officials charged with monitoring government programs for waste, fraud, incompetency, corruption, and the like. They are the taxpayers’ first line of defense against a rampaging, out-of-control, and corrupt government. Unlike many if not most government programs, inspector general programs have a sterling return on investment.
For example, Daniel Levinson, inspector general of the Health and Human Services Department, has been an unheralded hero for taxpayers. Since he took his job a few years ago, his investigations have led to more charges for health care fraud than ever before, and his office has returned about $11 billion to the Medicare Trust Fund (see this glowing profile in Business Week).
Even in Obama’s Washington,
- Groups urge quicker departure of NLRB board member (kansascity.com)
- DEA agents under investigation for hiring prostitutes (cbsnews.com)
- Maddow calls out Romney for ‘bald-faced lie’ (rawstory.com)
- Fact check: Romney misses mark on Solyndra claim (cbsnews.com)
- Obama failing to fill key vacancies (mysanantonio.com)
- GSA is under fire for bonuses to employees under investigation for misconduct (kansascity.com)
- Medicare fraud detection seriously flawed (cbsnews.com)
- INSPECTOR GENERAL: RACE/GENDER MOTIVATED CAR DEALER CLOSURES. “The Obama administration, already u… (pajamasmedia.com)
- Another Lie From Romney, A “Nomadic Polygamist Tribesman” (duanegraham.wordpress.com)
- POGO Investigator Testifies Before Congress on Inspector General Vacancies (pogoblog.typepad.com)