Does Obama Already Know the Supremes’ Decision on Obamacare?
Barring some dramatic break from procedure, the Supreme Court justices have already decided the fate of Obamacare, and are now just working out the written rulings and dissents.
Usually, it works like this: “For cases argued on Monday, the Justices vote on it on Wednesday. Votes on cases argued Tuesday and Wednesday are cast on Friday. The senior Justice voting with the majority assigns the job of writing the majority opinion and the senior Justice voting with the minority chooses who will write the minority opinion. While all Justices can add his or her own statements, the majority opinion stands as the final decision of the court.”
Perhaps for a decision as important as this one, the justices might want to take more time. But it was reported that the Supreme Court held its initial vote on the case Friday, March 30. The justices, and their clerks, are expected to keep the decision secret until the decision and opinions are officially announced. But many speculate that this case will be different; while there is no evidence to suggest that the newest justice, former Obama administration Solicitor General Elena Kagan, would break the code of silence, many wonder whether she would want the president to be blindsided by a decision that partially or completely nullifies his signature domestic policy achievement.
If we take this bit of evidence…
- The Hot Theory on How the Supreme Court Gets to a 6-3 Vote to Uphold Obamacare (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Does Obama already know The Supreme Court’s decision on ObamaCare? | Western Journalism.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Supreme Court Justices’ Shocking Conflicts Could Determine The Fate Of Obamacare (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Brian Brown Not Happy That Prop 8 Going To US Supreme Court (lezgetreal.com)
- Senator Leahy attacks Supreme Court, threatens Chief Justice Roberts (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Georgia Supreme Court wavers, study insists (jacksonville.com)
- Justice Stevens: Citizens United Ruling Will Fall Apart (tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- “7th Circuit rejects atheist suit over cross funding” (howappealing.law.com)
- Prop 8 Going To The Supreme Court (lezgetreal.com)
- Obama Threatens the Supreme Court… Again (maddmedic.wordpress.com)