Oprah’s career ‘tanking because of Obama’
Oprah Winfrey’s virtual vanishing from America’s airwaves is the direct result of her political support for Barack Obama, according to the nation’s top-rated radio host.
“Oprah threw away her TV career for Obama,” Rush Limbaugh said this afternoon. “If you want to know why Oprah’s not on television anymore, it’s because she supported Obama. If you want to know why Oprah is flailing away on a cable network that nobody watches, it’s because of Obama.”
Oprah is best-known for her self-titled TV talk show, which became the highest-rated program of its kind in history and was nationally broadcast from 1986 to 2011.
But her latest venture, the cable channel OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, is flirting with disaster, struggling to attract viewers since its debut in January 2011.
Find out everything you wanted to know about the REAL Oprah Winfrey in “O God” personally autographed by authors Josh McDowell and Dave Sterrett.
Last month, Bloomberg reported OWN may have lost a staggering $330 million since its inception.
“The company needs to provide investors with a roadmap for this business,” said Paul Sweeney, senior analyst with Bloomberg Industries. “Specifically, how long will they stomach these losses before they make a serious change in strategy?”
Limbaugh says Winfrey’s fall is not difficult to trace.
“Oprah decided that she would let her racial association take precedence over her television and broadcasting knowledge,” he said.
“When she decided that … she had Obama on [her show] and made him a millionaire. She put him on TV to sell his first book. It made him an overnight millionaire. It helped establish him as a rising figure in the Democrat Party. It helped get his biography out there. OK, that’s all well and good. There ought to be some gratitude from Obama for that.
“Then Oprah basically throws away her career by endorsing Obama. That’s when her likability number (the Q number, favorable number) started plummeting, along with her ratings. Because it was at that point that Oprah’s audience began to ask themselves – maybe suspect – ‘You know, maybe race matters to her more than all this other stuff that she talks about.’”
Limbaugh says prior to Oprah’s public support for Obama, race was not a big deal with her…..
- Oprah Winfrey Network Could Lose $143M This Year (newser.com)
- The Relationship Advice Committee Releases Oprah Winfrey’s Latest Viewpoints on how to Understand Men (prweb.com)
- Relationship between Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey ‘breaks down’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Cory Booker tells Oprah Winfrey he can’t visualize running for president (nj.com)
- Oprah Winfrey Pushed Out As Decision Maker At OWN (oldschool945.com)
- Oprah Demoted At Her OWN Network? (hellobeautiful.com)
- Oprah on 2012: I won?t be ‘out there’ (politico.com)
- Oprah Demoted at her own OWN Network? (limelife.com)
- Oprah Winfrey launches new book club (canada.com)
- Relationship between Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey ‘breaks down’ (mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.com)