SUA has learned through various sources that an unprovoked attack on the US Navy occurred this morning in the Straits of Hormuz.
CVN-65, the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier and its group were reportedly attacked by no less then 4 sophisticated jets. Confidential sources within the military have confirmed the attack off of the “Broken Isthmus”.
There is no confirmed word on damage or if there are any casualties, but SUA has learned that this attack may have caused injuries and possibly one death. We have contacted the military and are awaiting official response.
SUA is reaching out across the land to confirm. Any sources would be welcomed. As of 5pm, CentCom has neither denied or confirmed the reports and pledges to update when further information is available.
UPDATE 5:25 EST – US Navy released: From U.S. Fifth Fleet–USS Enterprise completed a routine, nonthreatening, transit of the Strait of Hormuz. No date confirmation.
UPDATE 6:30 PM EST – “The Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, which oversees Iran’s nuclear and ballistic missile programs and controls strategic missile units, have had a series of naval and air maneuvers in the gulf in recent weeks.These involved the firing of an array of missiles, including anti-ship weapons, and focused primarily on the Strait of Hormuz.” (This was published today at noon.)
Click here to read the whole Navy story published at noon today by UPI.
- Iran Threatens Google Over Nameless Gulf (newser.com)
- What Closing The Straits Of Hormuz Will Mean In 3 Simple Charts (zerohedge.com)
- Saying It Has Blockaded The Strait Iran Prepares Its Subs And Gets Friendly With Iraq (businessinsider.com)
- US Navy in military build-up to battle Strait of Hormuz ‘blockade’ (rt.com)
- US gears up for land operation in Persian Gulf? (rt.com)
- Emirates readies oil export detour to avoid Hormuz (sacbee.com)
- The UAE Is Nearing Completion Of An Oil Route That Totally Avoids The Strait Of Hormuz (businessinsider.com)
- US cargo ship saved from pirates by Iranian navy (independent.co.uk)
- RT: US Navy in military build-up to battle Strait of Hormuz ‘blockade’ (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- USS Enterprise & 1700 American Souls Sent To The Straits Of Hormuz: To Be Decommissioned At The Bottom Of The Persian Sea! (politicalvelcraft.org)