George Washington, Circular Letter to the States
When word that peace with Great Britain was assured, General Washington issued a blistering condemnation of Congress. In addition to demands for soldier’s back pay, he called for reforms to the Articles of Confederation. His admonitions would culminate in 1788 with ratification of the Constitution.
When we consider the magnitude of the prize we contended for, the doubtful nature of the contest, and the favorable manner in which it has terminated, we shall find the greatest possible reason for gratitude and rejoicing; this is a theme that will afford infinite delight to every benevolent and liberal mind, whether the event in contemplation, be considered as the source of present enjoyment or the parent of future happiness; and we shall have equal occasion to felicitate ourselves on the lot which Providence has assigned us, whether we view it in a natural, a political or moral point of light.
The Citizens of America, placed in the most enviable…..
- Post: George Washington Was Not Elected President of the United States on April 6, 1789 ~ Edrivera.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The role of George Washington in the American Independence War (babilonia61.com)
- George Washington Would Be Too Rich To Be President Re: Obama (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- EDRIVERA.COM ~ George Washington… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Fortunately, George Washington Had a Better Crew (cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Ambassador Loeb Hails Display of Washington Letter to Hebrew Congregation (prweb.com)
- The Beginning of Socialism in America… ~ Edrivera.com (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- George Washington, Graffiti Artist (neatorama.com)
- George Washington Vandalized A Bridge (buzzfeed.com)
- George Washington Attacked Bigotry in Letter to Jewish Community (israelnationalnews.com)