Majority accuse Kentucky Senator of selling out to Republican establishment
Paul Joseph Watson
Friday, June 8, 2012
Editor’s Note: Alex Jones will be covering this issue on today’s show. He will also release a special message for Ron Paul tonight.
Rand Paul’s decision to endorse Mitt Romney as Republican candidate for President is causing a firestorm of outrage amongst Ron Paul supporters, who are accusing the Kentucky Senator of selling out to the political establishment.
During an appearance on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show last night, Rand Paul threw his weight behind the former Massachusetts Governor.
The Romney campaign quickly shot back with an official press release welcoming the endorsement.
“I am honored to have earned the endorsement of Rand Paul. Senator Paul has been a leading voice in the effort to scale back the size and reach of government and promote liberty. Over the past three and half years, President Obama has made government more and more of a presence in our lives, and Americans can’t afford four more years of the same failed policies. As President, I will reform the federal government and make it smaller, simpler, and smarter. I am grateful for Senator Paul’s support and look forward to working with him to get America back on the right track.”
When asked about signs that Rand Paul was moving closer to Romney after a series of low-key meetings with the former Governor of Massachusetts, Alex Jones pointed out that Paul would be far wiser to wait four years before trying to have an impact on the presidential election.
“I think Rand will destroy himself if he does that,” said Jones, adding, “I would advise Rand Paul to refuse it,” if he is offered the VP slot by the Romney campaign.
The reaction to Rand Paul’s endorsement of Romney on pro-Ron Paul websites has been nothing short of savage. Listed below are just a handful of the thousands of comments attacking Rand for his apparent decision to jump in bed with the Republican establishment.
“Not another penny for Rand! THAT IDIOT! He got himself infected by the Washington, shifting, turning, spinning, compromising, eye shutting WASHINGTON BUG!”
“Son betrayed the father. Looks are perception. Perception is marketing. No kid does this to his father. Rand could have quietly gone to the polls and voted. I can’t see it as anything except spineless.”
- Prison Planet.com ” Ron Paul Supporters Decry Rand’s Endorsement of Romney (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Dad still “first choice”, but Rand Paul backs Romney (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Rand Paul Endorses Mitt Romney! :-( (ronpaul.com)
- Ron Paul Supporters Are Fuming Mad at Rand Paul (theatlanticwire.com)
- Rand Paul endorses Mitt Romney; Twitter responses: Yay! Boo! Huh? (twitchy.com)
- Sen. Rand Paul Endorses Mitt Romney (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rand Paul endorses Romney’s bid (upi.com)
- Rand Paul Betrayed Someone. But Who? (sgtreport.com)
- Dad still “first choice”, but Rand Paul backs Romney (news.yahoo.com)
- TRENDING: Sen. Rand Paul endorses Romney (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)