Prison Planet.com » Jesse Ventura Gets Backing Of Former SEALs In Lawsuit Over “Punch” Hoax
Former Governor of Minnesota Jesse Ventura’s lawsuit against Navy SEAL Chris Kyle over Kyle’s claims that he punched Ventura in a bar for insulting a dead U.S. soldier has gone to court, with Ventura receiving the backing of several prominent former SEALs who affirm the incident never happened.
Jesse Ventura Gets Backing Of Former SEALs In Lawsuit Over Punch Hoax 3jesse110511
Kyle claimed that he met Ventura in a bar in Coronado in 2006 while Ventura was in town to speak to a new class of SEAL graduates at nearby Naval Amphibious Base Coronado. Also present were family members holding a wake for Michael Mansoor, one of the first SEALs killed in Iraq. Kyle claims Ventura began loudly objecting to the war in Iraq before calling the troops “murderers” and saying “we deserved to lose a few guys”.
Kyle then claims he punched Ventura, knocked him to the floor, and quickly ran away.
The story was included in Kyle’s book, American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History, and during a subsequent television interview on Fox News, owned by News Corp. which also owns the publisher of the book, Kyle named Ventura as the man he “laid out.”
After Ventura found out about the claim, he immediately instructed his lawyer to file a lawsuit against Kyle for defamation, asserting that the incident never took place place and that he had witnesses to prove it, having only visited the bar in question once before.
Back in February, Kyle filed a petition to have the case moved to U.S. District Court in St. Paul. Ventura considered dropping the case but after being contacted by several prominent former US Navy Seals, was “ordered” to go ahead with the lawsuit after Kyle failed to agree to a settlement that would have seen him admit to lying and pay attorney fees.
One of those ex-SEALs is Ventura’s former instructor, the widely respected Terry “Mother” Moy, owner of the bar where the incident is alleged to have occurred…..
- American Sniper Chris Kyle “My intentions were never to call out,” (Jesse Ventura) (lsnewsgroup.com)
- Sleeper Assassins for the State (lewrockwell.com)
- Jesse Ventura Never Gives Up (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Jesse Ventura Never Gives Up (lewrockwell.com)
- Jesse Ventura Never Gives Up (txwclp.org)
- The Big Brother Conspiracy (lewrockwell.com)
- Bradley Cooper to Produce and Possibly Star in Navy SEAL Film AMERICAN SNIPER (collider.com)
- Totally Crushing (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- The Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History (pjmedia.com)
- Jesse Ventura talks about his lawsuit against TSA on the Robert Scott Bell Show (sgtreport.com)