Panic is setting in among the people who ran the Democratic Party prior to the miraculous arrival on the scene of Barack Hussein Obama and the perfect storm of events that propelled him into the White House.
These people, starting with Bill Clinton, the master Democratic politician of our era, can read the tea leaves, and the following factors alarm them:
1. Obama has energized his opposition. Despite throwing everything they could into the game, the turnout effort in Wisconsin was handily beaten by those Tea Party nobodies and an RNC head who is actually up to the job.
2. Obama has alienated hugely important constituencies. Labor unions, utterly essentially to the ground game in November, feel betrayed, and are starting to focus more on their own survival than the success of the Obama re-election campaign. The antiwar left feels betrayed over Gitmo, drones, rendition, domestic surveillance, and a host of other issues. They turned out in San Francisco picketing his fundraisers, and spoke of not voting. His Bain Capital attacks are verging into a repudiation of capitalism, so Wall Street and the finance sector are getting alarmed, and the essential flow of political contributions to Democrats from them is drying up.
3. The economy is a disaster, and Obama is doing all the wrong things. The administration is reduced to making implausible claims of spending moderation based on an internet post. The public is fed up with Obama’s performance, and his personal popularity is declining and will tank further as he goes increasingly negative on Romney. Swing voters are almost as negative about Obama as are Romney voters.
4. Obama is out for himself, and himself only.
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com …
- Turning On Obama – The Democrats Begin To Panic (economicnoise.com)
- A Bad Week for Obama and the Democrats (mysanantonio.com)
- The Veiled Message in Clinton’s Endorsement (whitehouse12.com)
- Obama Forced a Change Nobody Wanted… (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Left Far Behind (personalliberty.com)
- As the Wisconsin Tea Party gives Obama a bloody nose, Bill Clinton stabs him in the back (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Dems’ Obama Jitters (thedailybeast.com)
- Facing Facts in Wisconsin (counterpunch.org)
- MO Democrats United Behind Obama (stlouis.cbslocal.com)
- Bill Clinton: The Democratic Party’s Most Sought-After Surrogate (ibtimes.com)