Down With the Presidency by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.
The modern institution of the presidency is the primary political evil Americans face, and the cause of nearly all our woes. It squanders the national wealth and starts unjust wars against foreign peoples that have never done us any harm.
It wrecks our families, tramples on our rights, invades our communities, and spies on our bank accounts. It skews the culture toward decadence and trash. It tells lie after lie. Teachers used to tell school kids that anyone can be president. This is like saying anyone can go to Hell. It’s not an inspiration; it’s a threat.
The presidency – by which I mean the executive State – is the sum total of American tyranny. The other branches of government, including the presidentially appointed Supreme Court, are mere adjuncts. The presidency insists on complete devotion and humble submission to its dictates, even while it steals the products of our labor and drives us into economic ruin. It centralizes all power unto itself, and crowds out all competing centers of power in society, including the church, the family, business, charity, and the community. I’ll go further. The US presidency is the world’s leading evil.
It is the chief mischief-maker in every part of the globe, the leading wrecker of nations, the usurer behind Third-World debt, the bailer-out of corrupt governments, the hand in many dictatorial gloves, the sponsor and sustainer of the New World Order, of wars, interstate and civil, of famine and disease. To see the evils caused by the presidency, look no further than Iraq or Serbia, where the lives of innocents were snuffed out in pointless wars, where bombing was designed to destroy civilian infrastructure and cause disease, and where women, children, and the aged have been denied essential food and medicine because of a cruel embargo. Look at the human toll taken by the presidency, from Dresden and Hiroshima to Waco and Ruby Ridge, and you see a prime practitioner of murder by government.
Today, the president is called the leader of the world’s only superpower, the “world’s indispensable nation,” which is reason enough to have him deposed. A world with any superpower at all is a world where no freedoms are safe. But by invoking this title, the presidency attempts to keep our attention focused on foreign affairs. It is a diversionary tactic designed to keep us from noticing the oppressive rule it imposes right here in the United States.
As the presidency assumes ever more power unto itself, it becomes less and less accountable and more and more tyrannical. These days, when we say the federal government, what we really mean is the presidency. When we say, national priorities, we really mean what the presidency wants. When we say national culture, we mean what the presidency funds and imposes.
The presidency is presumed to be the embodiment of Rousseau’s general will, with far more power than any monarch or head of state in pre-modern societies. The US presidency is the apex of the world’s biggest and most powerful government and of the most expansive empire in world history. As such, the presidency represents the opposite of freedom. It is what stands between us and our goal of restoring our ancient rights………
- Down With The Presidency (How we need Ron Paul to take it apart.)) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The 30 Day Reading List that will Lead You to Becoming a Knowledgeable Libertarian (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Down With the Rich (lewrockwell.com)
- Want To Become a Knowledgeable Libertarian? (lewrockwell.com)
- (“How We Need Ron Paul To Take It Apart”) Down With the Presidency by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr. (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The New York Times Needs Help Badly… (delong.typepad.com)
- Bloomberg News Death Spiral (Why Oh Why Can’t We Have a Better Press Corps?) (delong.typepad.com)
- (“What is he talking about? The essence of our values is the rule of law, not the rule of presidents.”") Chuck Baldwin – The White House Secret Kill List (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- A Surrender to Disgust: Linguistic Analysis of Rand Paul’s Endorsement of Romney Contradicts His Words (ronpaul.com)
- (“Is Rand Paul plotting to insert himself as a double agent? “) Prison Planet.com ” Linguistic analysis of Rand Paul’s endorsement of Romney contradicts his words: Rand Paul is disgusted with him! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- OBAMA MENTALLY ILL… ~ J. Grant Swank, Jr. ” CITIZEN.BLOGGER.1984+ GUNNY.G BLOG.EMAIL (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” Lew Rockwell: The Government is A Gang of Thieves at Large! (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Articles: Obama’s Sons: They Are Real for Him (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s LOST Legacy: a new world order (gunnyg.wordpress.com)