Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:09:04 PM by yorkieIn a 2001 radio interview, Barack Obama spoke about failures of the Warren court during the civil rights movement. He said “…generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties” what government can’t do to you, not what it must do on your behalf.
He lamented that the Supreme Court never ventured into redistribution of wealth and political and economic justice in society.Hundreds of years ago, the founders saw Obama coming and intentionally limited intrusive federal powers like these in the Constitution. Read Frederic Bastiat’s “The Law” at bastiat.org/en/the_law.html. Learn why we have laws and why socialism must inevitably degenerate into communism.
Obama dislikes not having a federal mandate to “do to you.” Joe Knoedler 02-22-12 thinks Obama should have that power and characterizes him as “…someone who understands the middle class and will fight for…me and my future family…”
Excerpt Read more at gothenburgtimes.com …
- ‘The Constitution Is a Charter of Negative Liberties’ (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s lecture to the Supreme Court filled with ignorance, apathy, and good ol’ Chicago style community organizer thuggery (disruptthenarrative.com)
- Did Obama pass the Bar? (blogs.dailymail.com)
- Obama’s LOST Legacy: a new world order (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The left starts rationalizing Obama’s failures (hotair.com)
- The Planned Re-Election of Obama, Revolutionary Style (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)
- Former Obama Student: Obama’s Ignorance of Constitution Embarrassing (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- ‘The Constitution is a Charter of Negative Liberties’ (constitutionclub.org)
- American Exceptionalism: Obama’s Achilles Heel? (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)
- Someday I’m probably going to have to write a post titled “How Obama lost me.” (althouse.blogspot.com)