June 16, 2012
Obama’s latest outrageous violation of the laws of the United States demonstrate that the nation has arrived at its destination: a dictatorship lorded over by an imperial ruler.
On Friday, Obama instructed the government to ignore an influx of illegal aliens streaming over the border. The move was implemented to sway Latino voters into the Obama camp in preparation for the upcoming election against fellow establishment candidate Mitt Romney.
Obama’s violations of law and the Constitution make his predecessor look like a piker by way of comparison. Since he was voted into office by deluded citizens who believed he would pay for their rent and food, Obama has enacted by fiat or worked with Congress to pass a number of bills that have increased the power of the executive and the unconstitutional authority of the federal government.
National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)
This monstrous statute allows the government to circumvent the Fifth Amendment. The NDAA gives the government the authority to designate American citizens as terrorists and indefinitely detain them without recourse to courts or due process of law and without specific charge.
“Permit me to state the obvious,” writes Sheldon Richman. “The government shouldn’t be allowed to imprison people indefinitely without charge or trial. It shouldn’t be necessary to say this nearly 800 years after Magna Carta was signed and over 200 years after the Fifth Amendment was ratified.”………….
- NDAA Amendment to Eliminate Indefinite Detention for US Citizens Fails in House (news.firedoglake.com)
- Ron Paul: NDAA Tyranny Continues! (ronpaul.com)
- It’s Official: Presidency Now a Dictatorship (tatoott1009.com)
- rtaylortitle liked Krypke’s blog post It’s Official: Presidency Now a Dictatorship (12160.info)
- It’s Official: Presidency Now a Dictatorship (12160.info)
- Congress still okay with indefinite detention and torture of Americans (rt.com)
- One Very Brave NY Judge Has Overruled The President And A Ton Of Powerful Lawmakers (businessinsider.com)
- Federal Judge Blocks NDAA ‘Indefinite Detention’ Legislation (crooksandliars.com)
- Federal judge bans Obama from indefinitely detaining Americans | EUTimes.net (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- NDAA’s ‘Indefinite Detention’ Provisions Unconstitutional, says Judge (commondreams.org)
- NDAA unconstitutional: Federal judge bans Obama from indefinitely detaining Americans (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- NDAA unconstitutional: Federal judge bans Obama from indefinitely detaining Americans (rt.com)
- NDAA unconstitutional: Federal judge bans Obama from indefinitely detaining Americans (bgtvmediaonline.wordpress.com)
- NDAA banned: Indefinite detention of Americans ‘unconstitutional’ (mountainrepublic.net)
- NDAA unconstitutional: Federal judge bans Obama from indefinitely detaining Americans (federaljack.com)
- RT: NDAA unconstitutional: Federal judge bans Obama from indefinitely detaining Americans (jhaines6.wordpress.com)