dcmilitary.com ^ | 3/12
Posted on Sunday, March 11, 2012 11:55:06 AM by pabianice
The United States Air Force has established two new aircraft squadrons to support the Presidential travel needs during the campaign season.
The 305th and 306th Expeditionary Airlift Squadrons were activated as subordinate units of the 89th Airlift Wingon December 1.
The 306th will operate out of Andrews AFB, with 4 C-17 heavy lift transports, 7 full aircrew, 60 maintenance personnel, and 10 operations personnel will be assigned.
Operations for the two squadrons are to commence in April, and will run through the election. The aircraft and personnel will be released back to their original units after Nov. 2.
See press release:
- MSG honorary commanders meet with their squadron commanders (losangelesnewsone.wordpress.com)
- No. 23 Squadron’s Roll of Honour (blogs.abc.net.au)
- US Air Force creates two squadrons to support Obama’s re-election campaign tour (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Del. Guard unit hauling Obama’s campaign cargo (airforcetimes.com)
- Can you believe this????? Read it and Weep…….What is going On???? (capecoralblogger.wordpress.com)
- The mysterious U.S. F-15E Strike Eagle detachment in Djibouti. Are they conducting covert air strikes in Yemen? (theaviationist.com)
- This is by far the best F-15 video you have ever seen: aerial combat with 2011′s top air-to-air squadron in the USAF. (theaviationist.com)
- Air Show 1958 (henleyshamilton1.wordpress.com)
- Squadron Leader Robert Miller obituary (guardian.co.uk)
- Grand jury indicts Air Force airman in killing of another airman (stripes.com)