The U.S. military is guilty of political correctness toward domestic Islamic terror, according to a congressional report made public Wednesday that concludes al Qaeda is using U.S.-based Muslim radicals to plan mass casualty attacks.
“Homegrown radicalization is now the vanguard of al Qaeda’s strategy to continue attacking the United States and its allies,” said the report on domestic extremism by the House Homeland Security Committee. The report was based on several hearings held by Committee Chairman Rep. Peter T. King, New York Republican.
The report said evidence of the threat comes from recordings made public in Pakistan by the core al Qaeda terrorist group, as well from an English-language magazine produced in Yemen by two American jihadists. Additional evidence came from an American suicide bomber in Somalia who urged Muslims to wage “jihad in America.”
The report said violent Islamist extremism is “the No. 1 terrorist threat to this nation.”
Of particular concern, according to the report, is the threat posed by radical Muslims to U.S. military communities. The terror threat to military communities is “severe” and growing. It includes the use of “insiders,” like Maj. Niidal Hassan, the terrorist who carried out the 2009 Fort Hood shooting attack that killed 13 people and wounded 29 others.
The report faulted the U.S. military for “political correctness” toward Islam, which the report called a “potentially devastating development” for the security of troops and their families.
The Obama administration “chose political correctness over accurately labeling and identifying certain terrorist attacks appropriately, thereby denying Purple Heart medals to killed and wounded troops in domestic terror attacks,” the report said.
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com …
- White House admits drone campaign against al-Qaeda in Yemen and Somalia for first time (mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.com)
- ‘Good’ Taliban commander halts polio vaccinations over drone strikes (longwarjournal.org)
- Drones, Special Operations and Whimsical Wars (nationalinterest.org)
- The U.S. Military Is Expanding Its Spy Network in Africa (theatlanticwire.com)
- White House: Military is fighting terrorism in Somalia and Yemen (security.blogs.cnn.com)
- U.S. Military Doing Limited Fighting In Somalia And Yemen (alan.com)
- Henry Kissinger Proposed to ‘Destroy’ the U.S. (activistpost.com)
- U.S. admits to lethal attacks in Yemen, Somalia (cbc.ca)
- Insurgents breach U.S. military outpost in southern Afghanistan, U.S. officials say (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- U.S. military training ironically advocates attacking civilian populations to fight terrorism (EndtheLie.com)