The Cato Institute released a study entitled, The Independent Payment Advisory Board: PPACA’s Anti-Constitutional and Authoritarian Super-Legislature, authored by Diane Cohen and Michael Cannon, which states that once the “unelected government officials on this board submit a legislative proposal to Congress, it automatically becomes law.”
The Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) is comprised of “doctors and patient advocates would be nominated by the President and confirmed by the Senate.”
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), a.k.a. Obamacare, requires that the Secretary of Health and Human Services (SHHS) implement the proposal. Denying its execution would necessitate the House, Senate and President agree on an alternate plan.
The IPAB’s plan would become law without Congressional approval, oversight, or even be subject to a presidential veto. Once this proposal is submitted, it is law.
The IPAB was the brain child of the Commonwealth Fund ; a private foundation that targets “society’s most vulnerable, including low-income people, the uninsured, minority Americans, young children, and elderly adults.”
The IPAB will be enabled to declare:
• Policies regarding…………..
- Health Care Reform Primer: Independent Payment Advisory Board (Part 3) (insurancegeek.typepad.com)
- Obamacare’s Anti-Constitutional and Authoritarian Super-Legislature (txwclp.org)
- Health Care Reform Update (gunnerscorner.wordpress.com)
- Obamacare’s beyond the control of even the Congress (nj.com)
- Obamacare Hidden Panel of Unelected Officials Beyond Congressional Control (activistpost.com)
- Medicare cost board targeted by House GOP (usatoday.com)
- Health Care Reform Primer: Independent Payment Advisory Board (Part 1) (insurancegeek.typepad.com)
- “We must pull ObamaCare out by the roots.” (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Orwell Will See You Now (pjmedia.com)
- IPAB is not the way to lower Medicare costs (thehill.com)