Radio giant Rush Limbaugh is coming down hard on the Obama administration’s “Fast and Furious” operation today, calling it “liberalism on parade” in a misguided attempt to promote stricter gun control in America.
“The whole point of Fast and Furious was to create mayhem in Mexico among drug cartels with American-made weapons easily procured so that you and I would stand up in outrage and demand tighter gun laws,” Limbaugh said
“It was deceitful. It was sneaky. It was going against the will of the American people. It was liberalism on parade. It’s who these people are. They want tighter gun laws.”
The White House today tried to undercut a congressional investigation of the scandal in which the Department of Justice allowed guns to be sold and delivered to Mexican drug cartels by announcing tens of thousands of documents were covered by executive privilege.
This afternoon, a House panel voted to place Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress for his failure to comply with a subpoena for the documents, defying Obama’s assertion of executive privilege.
All 23 Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee voted for the contempt resolution, while all 17 Democrats voted against it.
Limbaugh explained Obama and his officials were actually creating crimes.
“There’s no other way to characterize this,” Limbaugh said. “They created, they manufactured crime. They enabled crimes. They saw to it that American guns ended up in Mexican drug cartel hands. And, of course, those people get the guns, they use them. When, in fact, it probably was difficult for the drug cartels to get the guns. It probably was not easy for the drug cartels to get the guns. Certainly not walking into gun stores in Phoenix and elsewhere, then crossing the border.”
(Excerpt) Read more at wnd.com …
- Sher Zieve: Will the Obama syndicate ever be held responsible for its crimes? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Purpose of Fast and Furious (rushlimbaugh.com)
- British Want Their Guns Back-find Out Why (aaolaw.org)
- Rush: Obama created crimes with gunrunning (wnd.com)
- Will the Obama syndicate ever be held responsible for its crimes? (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama covers-up DOJ operation that allowed gun smuggling to Mexican drug cartels (winteryknight.wordpress.com)
- House panel backs contempt for Holder, Issa says floor vote can still be avoided (foxnews.com)
- Editorial: End the secrets on Fast and Furious (denverpost.com)
- A lot of baloney flying fast and furious (blogs.ajc.com)
- Fast and Furious Falling Apart (americanthinker.com)