Hotair ^ | 06/27/2012 | AllahPundit
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:28:06 AM by SeekAndFind
Via the Examiner, I’ve been looking for tea leaves for you all day but this, unfortunately, is the best I can do. I don’t even regard it as tea leaves: I think Tribe is just pre-spinning the outcome so that, if the mandate is struck down, he can call Roberts a disappointment who betrayed his education in a fit of ideological pique, etc etc etc.
But we’re starving for insight and this is, in its own lame way, an insight into Roberts’ thinking. As is this:
Eastman, a critic of the health care law, said he wouldn’t be surprised to see Roberts side with the Obama administration and uphold the law. “He’s a creature of the Washington administrative state. That’s his background,” the professor said, noting that Roberts has spent almost his entire professional life in Washington.
Scalia’s background is Beltway-heavy too yet his vote against ObamaCare seems a fait accompli.
What the Arizona compromise will augur for the most closely watched case of the term is anyone’s guess. Yet the justices’ evident search for……….
- Laurence Tribe: I think my former student, John Roberts, will vote to uphold ObamaCare (hotair.com)
- Justiceline: June 27, 2012 (thinkprogress.org)
- Laurence Tribe says Obama “didn’t say what he meant” about the Supreme Court and needs to “clarify.” (althouse.blogspot.com)
- John Roberts’s big moment (politico.com)
- Law Scholars Say Obamacare Is Constitutional; Expect Rejection By Supreme Court (theobamacrat.com)
- Download Carnival of mirrors: Laurence Tribe’s “Unbearable Wrongness”.(response to article in this issue, p. 571): An article from: Constitutional Commentary e-book (fzkedeoa.typepad.com)
- Kathleen Parker: “The Public Trial of Justice Roberts” (volokh.com)
- Obama Made A Strong First Impression At Harvard (npr.org)
- Laurence Tribe’s transporting flackitude (tigerhawk.blogspot.com)
- Will John Roberts Vote to Uphold ObamaCare? (reason.com)