Patrick Kennedy, a former representative from Rhode Island and son of the late Ted Kennedy, warned in a fundraising email for Congressional Democrats that if the U.S. Supreme Court upholds President Obama’s health care law, then “dangerous Tea Party extremists will go on a rampage.”
The fundraising email was sent out Wednesday afternoon, to raise money for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee’s “Health Care Rapid Response Fund” ahead of Thursday morning’s expected ruling by the Supreme Court on the constitutionality of the health care law.
“My father, Ted Kennedy, spent his entire political career fighting tooth and nail for universal health care,” the email reads.
It promises that, “If the Court strikes down the law, Democrats will need to redouble our efforts, fighting to ensure universal health care that’s affordable and accessible to every American is a reality.” But predicts, “If the Court upholds the law, dangerous Tea Party extremists will go on a rampage.”
(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com …
- SCOTUS expected to rule Thursday on health care – msnbc.com (video.msnbc.msn.com)
- White House waits tensely for decision on health law (mercurynews.com)
- Rep. Patrick Kennedy: Health Care Reform: The Right Thing to Do (huffingtonpost.com)
- Supreme Court could rule Monday on Obama health care law (bizjournals.com)
- Scott Brown’s Blunders (wbur.org)
- Obama could target Supreme Court if health-care law falls (theglobeandmail.com)
- Wearing Brave Face, Obama Braces for Health Care Ruling (givemeliberty01.wordpress.com)
- GOP plan for ‘Obamacare’: Nothing (politico.com)
- Capps concerned about Supreme Court ruling on health care law (sanluisobispo.com)
- Kennedys Give $185K to Democratic Candidates (politics.usnews.com)