“Small government people” to change their minds on former Governor
Judge Andrew Napolitano told Fox News that small government libertarians who have so far refused to throw their support behind Mitt Romney will now do so as a result of yesterday’s Supreme Court decision to uphold Obamacare.
Labeling the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision a “gift” to Governor Romney, Napolitano stated, “I think this will drive conservatives toward him, many of whom had some doubts about him, you know I have a few friends with whom I communicate on Twitter and Facebook from time to time – these are very small government people – they are beside themselves over this and may actually take a look at Governor Romney because they don’t want President Obama to be in office and to implement this.”
“If he plays this right, he might draw a lot of votes that he might not otherwise have gotten,” added Napolitano, who is seen as a leading light amongst libertarians who rail against big government intrusion.
Yesterday’s highly unpopular decisiion is proving a boon for Romney in more ways than one. The Governor’s campaign today announced that $4.3 million had been raised from 43,000 donations as of this morning.
During a speech yesterday, Romney promised to eliminate Obamacare on his first day in office if he was successful in the upcoming presidential election.
A d v e r t i s e m e n t
Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer added that voters would be willing to forget “About what he did in Massacheussets,” presumably referring to the Massachusetts health care insurance reform law enacted in 2006, which mandates that nearly every resident of Massachusetts obtain a state-government-regulated minimum level of healthcare insurance coverage – labeled ‘Romneycare’ by many libertarians.
According to Washington Times columnist Joseph Curl, Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr.’s choice to back liberals on the decisive vote has provided Romney with an opportunity to defeat Obama in November by highlighting the fact that Obamacare represents a massive tax hike, particularly for families earning under $250,000 a year………….
- Prison Planet.com ” Obamacare is now the Obama Tax (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Judge Napolitano On Justice Roberts’ Ruling: ‘I Don’t Think He Made The Constitutional Decision’ (mediaite.com)
- After Supreme Court ruling, Obamacare not a dirty word anymore (blogs.suntimes.com)
- Prison Planet.com ” The Odds Overwhelmingly Say That Obamacare Is Finished (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- SCOTUS says Obamacare is just a tax. Here’s Obamacare’s 21 Taxes! (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Judge Napolitano: The Supreme Court Ruled With Generations to Come in Mind (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Top 6 hyperbolic responses to the health care ruling (rawstory.com)
- Fox News Mourns Obamacare Ruling (thedailybeast.com)
- Judge Napolitano Predicts That the Supreme Court Will ‘Strike Down’ Obamacare (foxnewsinsider.com)
- ‘Victory’ not quite what it seems (bostonherald.com)