Prison Planet.com » Supreme Court’s Obamacare decision hands federal government unlimited power to force you to spend 100% of your paycheck on things you don’t even want
Regardless of whether you agree with the fundamentals of Obamacare, the fact that the U.S. Supreme Court has now ruled the federal government has the power to tax Americans into mandatory purchases of private industry products means an end to economic freedom in America.
Because it hands the federal government the power to force the American people to buy anything the government wants or face tax penalties for refusing to do so. It is the equivalent of announcing a federal monopoly over all private purchasing decisions.
“The Affordable Care Act’s requirement that certain individuals pay a financial penalty for not obtaining health insurance may reasonably be characterized as a tax,” wrote Chief Justice John Roberts, in his majority opinion. “Because the Constitution permits such a tax, it is not our role to forbid it, or to pass upon its wisdom or fairness.”
Thus, the government can force Americans to buy anything it wants by simply characterizing the forced payment as a “tax.”
Economic freedom crushed by Supreme Court
This article is not an argument so much about Obamacare itself, by the way; it’s a red alert about a fundamental loss of economic freedom — a shifting of private purchasing decisions to Washington D.C. Now, buoyed by the passage of Obamacare, the U.S. government can (and will) create new mandates that, for example, would force Americans to buy all the following:
• A new car each year from Detroit, in order to “boost the U.S. auto industry.”
• War bonds to “support the war effort.”
• A year’s supply of vaccines.
• Life insurance from the government’s “approved” sources.
• Lawn fertilizer (the “lawn health care mandate”).
• Intellectual property such as patented human genes already in your body.
There is no limit to the reach of the Supreme Court’s wild misinterpretation of the Commerce Clause, it seems. So now, all Americans can expect to get ready for the federal government to start laying out a long list of products and services we will all be taxed into buying from the crony capitalist buddies of those in power.
Government hands economic monopoly to Big Pharma and the vaccine industry
Perhaps the worst side effect is that Obamacare isn’t really about health care at all. It’s about protecting a Big Pharma monopoly over medicine; forcing consumers to buy into a system that offers zero coverage for alternative medicine, nutritional therapies, natural remedies or the healing arts.
A d v e r t i s e m e n t
If Obamacare actually offered consumers a free market choice of where to get services, it would be a lot more balanced and effective. Instead, it forces consumers to buy into a system of monopoly medicine of drugs and surgery that would flat-out collapse if not for the monopolistic protections granted to the industry by the government itself.
If given a free choice, most consumers prefer complementary medicine than straight-up “drugs and surgery” medicine, but complementary medicine isn’t covered under Obamacare. The law is really just another corrupt, criminal-minded handout to the drug industry. And now, thanks to the U.S. Supreme Court, you can’t even opt out!
Abuse of power by the federal government knows no bounds……….
- Supreme Court Ruling On Obamacare (doubledippolitics.com)
- Cloud looms over Obamacare decision (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- How Sun-Times plans to report the Supreme Court ‘Obamacare’ ruling (jimromenesko.com)
- U.S. Supreme Court UPHOLDS national health care law in 5-4 vote (fox6now.com)
- U.S. Supreme Court upholds individual mandate in Obama health care act (nj.com)
- US Supreme Court to Rule on ‘Obamacare’ – Voice of America (voanews.com)
- Supreme Court Upholds Health Care Law; Obamacare Mandate Survives in 5-4 Decision (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Obama’s health-care law upheld by Supreme Court (cbc.ca)
- Reaction to the U.S. Supreme Court decision on health care (fox6now.com)